𝟎𝟎𝟐 | THROUGH THE SEWERS

AFTER EVERYTHING, NOT EVEN a month of living in whatever world had taken the place of the one Mya had remembered and, quite frankly, missed could get her used to the sight of hundreds - probably thousands - of walking piles of flesh stumbling around the streets of Atlanta. They had all been people with lives, families, jobs - just like her. But now? It didn't even matter because they were all dead, knowing nothing but the urge for human flesh.

"My God, it's like Times Square down there." Andrea mumbled in horror, breaking the silence between her, Mya and Jacqui. The three women all rested against the ledge of the roof, watching in horrified awe as the geeks groaned, shuffling to find their next victims.

Somehow, Andrea's description of the scene made sense and Mya furrowed her brows, nodding in agreement. She hesitated as an even worse thought sprung to mind, "Then imagine what this must be like in Times Square." She added on, causing both Jacqui and Andrea's eyes to widen in sickening realisation.

Andrea lowered her voice as she softly spoke, the tone of the conversation becoming darker than all three of them even expected. "What's happened to the world?"

"How's that signal?" Morales broke the silence as he turned to T-Dog, moving away from Officer Friendly - as he'd called himself - to contemplate whether there was any chance of the group being able to find them. Mya honestly doubted any chance of them getting off of the roof alive but back at camp, her twelve year old sister was waiting for her. She couldn't give in, she refused to give in. She had to fight for Sophia.

T-Dog was still in some pain, from what Mya could tell, as he rested, leant against the ledge, tryin to get into contact with the rest of the group that awaited their return, "Like Dixon's brain. Weak." He remarked, earning Merle raising his middle finger in his direction.

Gritting his teeth, Morales nodded, "Keep trying." He urged.

Mya had already figured Andrea had lost a lot of hope of getting back to camp, from her pointing a gun at Rick and claiming he had killed them to the words that now escape her mouth, "Why? There's nothing they can do, not a damn thing." She pointed out glumly.

There was no denying the amount of truth in Andrea's words, Mya knew that. "Well, I, for one, wanna at least say my goodbyes to my mom and Sophia before I go." She admitted, thinking back to potentially the only two family members she had left that actually cared for her. She paused hesitantly, her words made her seem like she was giving in too, there was no way she would. "But we can't just give up either."

Officer Friendly was visibly perplexed, crinkling his eyebrows to signal his confusion and gaining the attention of Morales. "Got some people outside the city is all. There's no refugee centre, that's a pipe dream." The man explained.

"Then she's right, we're on our own." Officer Friendly agreed, causing Mya to believe he was giving up too before he continued to speak, "It's up to us to find a way out."