Chapter Twelve

Once at the beach, Alice led me over to the bar complaining the whole way.

Apparently she didn't want her mom to get married.

"Why don't you want them to get married?" I ask her. She looks at me like I just asked her to cut off all her hair.

"Ugh ok do you see that guy over there? Tall hot and sexy?"

She points to some random guy in blue shorts. And she describes him right.

"Yeah what about him?"

"He's my ex."

"What does that have to do with anything?"

She rolls her eyes at me. "He's going to be my step brother."

"Ohh." Thats a bummer. For her anyways. He sees her and waves. And then he starts walking over this way.

"Oh sh*t. Act natural."

He's getting closer. And now he's here. He stares at Alice until he sees me. His eyes go wide and he puts his hand for me to shake.

"Hello. I'm Thomas."

I shake it slightly. He has rough hands.

"I'm Victoria."

"Its a pleasure to meet you." His british accent is to-die-for.

I see Draco and James make there way out here. Thomas ignores them both and keeps his eyes on me. Now he's not the only one. Draco and James are staring me down.

Alice notices that she doesn't have there attention and sticks her tongue out at me.

"Real mature" i mouth to her.

Thomas takes my hand again and askes me, "So Victoria, would you like to surf?"

I've never been surfing in my life but his brown eyes I just can't say no to.

"Sure." And without a backward glance I walk towards the water with Thomas.

He makes small talk on the way. "So I know about you and Draco."

I freeze in my tracks. How would he no?

"Your dating right?" Oh phew.

"No not exactly. Its complicated actually."

"Alright. Well first you can ride on my board and Il teach you the simplecity of it. Sound good?"

"Sounds great." Here I go.

*****

It was nearly sundown when Thomas and I went back to the beach. I got the hang of it pretty quickly and had a lot of fun.

"So..can I see you tomorrow? I want to show you my town."

"You know..that actually sounds great." I was going to say no, that I was spending it with Draco but at that moment I saw Draco and Alice wrapped together on a beach towel. James was nowhere to be seen.

I see that Draco looked over at us. He hurries to move away from Alice but stops when he sees our hands clasped together.

So this is how its going to be huh?

We plop down beside them and Thomas brags of how good I am already.

Alice rolls her eyes at me. She seems to do that a lot.

Suddenly she jumps up and pulls me up with her.

"Where you going?" Draco asked.

"Bathroom break. Come on." I let her drag me out to the bar. She pretty much pushes me down on the bar and sits to the one next to me.

"What the heck? You could of asked nicely." I say rudely to her.

She signals for 2 drinks and turns to me.

"Is someone jealous?"

Yes. "No. What's there to be jealous of?"

"Let me give you a little lesson. Mess with my man, well i guess used to me man, and il mess with yours. Is that clear?" She takes her drink and smiles sweetly at me. Then walks away.

Ok then.

I look around to see if I can find Thomas. I spot him almost instantly and start walking his way. I stop short when I see he's with a girl.

She had her hands on her hips and seemed angry. I scooted close enough to were I could hear what they were saying.

"Who was that girl? Its obvious you like her."

"Chill Beck, she's just a friend. I was teaching her how to surf." He said to her without looking at her. He was scanning the beach.

"Teaching? She looked like a pro out there. I would know. And what about that girl Alice? Didn't you say she was just a friend to? You were messing around with her behind my back!" She's shouting now. Every one turns and looks at her.

"Come on Beck, she's nothing to me. Remember your the only girl..." he stops when he sees me staring. He makes to get up and Beck looks towards me to. But id heard enough, I turned on my heel and walked away.

I found a big rock near the water and sat down in front of it. I hugged my knees to my chest and rested my chin.

The sunset was almost gone now. It was gorgeous.

I felt something wet fall on my arm. That's when I realized I was crying. Life wasn't fair. Not at all.

"Vic?" I jump at the sound of his voice. I look around at him then back to the water. I feel him sit beside but I don't say anything.

"So..Alice is really something huh." He says. Really? Does he have to bring her up?

"Yeah you could say that." I cleared my throat.

"She said she was only doing that to make you jealous. She still has feelings for Thomas and you saw the way he looked at you."

I still don't say anything.

"She ignored me all day. Until she saw you coming that is."

"Why are you telling me this?"

He just shrugs. He scoots closer to me and puts on arm around me. I lean my head on his shoulder and more tears fall.

I didn't know love could hurt. Did I really love Draco? It felt like it. I fall fast and hard at the slightest touch. I was easy. That's probably why guys liked me. I should just become an old lady and buy lots of cats. Yeah that sounds about right.

"We should head back. You ok?" Draco asked me, helping me up.

"Yeah. I'm fine."

We walk silently back to the hotel. Once there we fall into our separate sides of the bed and fall asleep.

***

Whew i kinda liked this chapter..(: vote?(;