Chapter Seventeen

The remainder of the days were boring and slow. Mum found more old friends of hers so she left me to my own defences.

Alice and James took me to a couple of parties but it just wasn't my thing. The people were nice and all but I was mostly ignored.

Finally the days ended and since it was just me and mum, she let us apparate home.

Dad was happy to see us home, saying he had been lonely most of the time.

"Oh and Victoria, you had an owl arrive just this morning." My dad said to me.

"Thanks dad." I smile at him, grabbed my bag and ran up to my room.

I flop onto the bed with my letter. I unscrolled it and saw it was from Romilda.

Hey Vic,

I hope your back from your vacation, Ned told my father you were coming home earlier than planned. My days are long and boring. Since there is only a week left until school starts would your parents allow you to stay here? Id like that! My brother and his friends are here and theyve been looking for an extra quidditch player! Write back soon. Well be going to Diagon Alley soon to!

                              Romilda Vane

I run back downstairs hyped up.

"Mum! Dad! Can I? Please?" I shout at them as I ran through the house looking for them.

"Honey calm down. What are you asking about?" My father asked.

"Romilda asked if I could stay the reminding weeks and there going to Diagon Alley soon and she asked if I could." I say fast.

They gave eachother a look. It was like they could read eachothers minds.

"Fine you can." Mum said.

"Yay! Ok il go pack!" I hurry back up the stairs and through all my Hogwarts stuff in my chest and get my money id saved up.

Dragging that all downstairs, I asked, "When can we go?"

They both smile at me and next thing I no I feel like I'm suffocating.

Apparation. Again.

When I can breath again I see the Vanes house looming over me. It was a big house.

"We will come to Kings Cross station to see you off dear, behave yourself." Mum said. I turn to see them both smile and disappear.

*****

A few hours later we were sitting in Romildas room. Id just got done talking all about my vacation.

She freaked out about were I kissed Draco.

I left out that he was a death eater though.

After some heavy talk about what could this mean mostly coming from Rom, we decided to get some rest. I already knew what it meant.

*****

The next few days we spent it outside on brooms. I didn't have my own so I borrowed one from Romildas parents.

It was a nimbus 2000 and still flew very well.

One of Roms brothers friend ask why I wasn't on the Quidditch team. I told him I wasn't all that steady on a broom and preferred watching instead of playing.

Finally, August 31 arrived. We were all going to Diagon Alley and staying the night at the Leaky Cauldron.

We traveled there by Floo Powder and landed outside a shop.

Romilda and I went our separate ways to go buy everything we needed.

We walked past the animal shop and I saw exactly what I wanted.

A sleek black cat was sitting on the window watching my every move. She already knew her owner.

Now with, I decided to call her Rowling, following us, we stopped by Weasley Wizard Wheezes. It was packed.

Since I really didn't want to go in I told Rom id just wait for her.

I sat down on a bench and Rowling jumped into my lap, purring.

I petted her and spoke softly to her. I told her all about my days during the summer.

She started growling low in her throat and her hair stood on end.

I looked up to were she was looking at and my heart stopped.

My eyes met the cold ones of Dracos. He was with his mum and it looked like they were in a hurry. She was already half ways down the street when he broke eye contact with me.

I sat there for another 20 minutes until Romilda finally came out. We went and bought the rest of our stuff and walked off to the Leaky Cauldron.

"Guess who I saw in the Weasleys shop?" Rom asked me.

I shrugged my shoulders still deep in thought about Malfoy.

"Harry! Ron and Hermione were with him of course." Rom said with slight venom in her voice.

We finally reached our destination. Once inside, an old lady told us our O.W.L.S had arrived.

Once upstairs in our room we jumped and squealed like little children.

I opened my to find that I had gotten 9 O.W.L.S.!

My mind now on then, meaning Draco slipped out

We shared our results. She had gotten 7 O.W.L.S.

"I bet Hermione got all outstanding." Rom said spitefully.

"Aww don't be jealous Rom." I say laughing at her.

"But you see how she looks at him! But just wait and see...look what I bought." Rom holds out a tiny pink heart shaped bottle.

I gasp. "You bought a love potion? But its not allowed!" 

Rom giggled madly. "There's a way to disguise it. Even has directions."

"Whatever happens I was not a part of it." I told her.

We then packed all our stuff, me haveing to listen her gush on about Harry.

Finally we got that all done and were ready for bed.

Thinking about the day ahead of me, I fell into an exhausted sleep.

******

There ya go laddies..another chapter..more drama to come i hope..