chapter two

lillian dove
-monday, september 12, 2019
11:23pm

i sat in the chair now with my hands tied, but not my feet. "when did this all start for you?" he asked. "when i turned 13. i was kidnapped and told all these things. it just happened so instantly, so then i began stealing for the people i worked with originally, helping them in big robberies, and i was small so i'd climb over fences or i was so quiet, i'd put white cloth over someone's mouth and bam! down" i said.

"do you still work with those people?" he asked. "no, i'm all on my own now" i said. "how come i've never seen you on the news before?" he asked. "i'm from a small, small town in wisconsin. so they never thought you'd never not see me because you knew anyone and everyone there. i ran to somewhere in michigan, kentucky, so on and on with new identities each time" i said.

"when did you go to your first mental institution? is it really 5 this year? are you diagnosed with any illnesses?" he asked. "first institute was when i was 15, i was diagnosed with schizophrenia, depression, anxiety, and insomnia" i said as he looked at me in shock. "do you take any meds?" he asked. "no, the meds really made me crazy and couldn't remember a thing when i was on them. i'm better without them" i said.

"5 this year?" he asked. "reality 7 and it's only september" i said as he closed his eyes in shock. "you'd think they'd learn, but they can't" i said. "and so is claudia your real name? do you plan on having a new one?" he asked.

"no, claudia was fake. they have nothing on my real name because last time i had if was hand i was 13 and i look so different from when i was young. i was kidnapped and they closed the case because they can't find anything. obviously i'm using a fake name, never my real one. in lovely california, i'm amara moore and i'm switching my appearance" i said.

"have you killed?" he asked with the hint of scaredness in his voice. i scoffed as i looked him in the eyes. "two times, not my proudest moments" he said. "they've tried fo link me to over 30 deaths in different states, but it's impossible they'd be me" i said as he looked away from me.

"you're a psychopath" he said as he looked back at me. "technically not, they've tried to tell me, but i feel things, i'm not scared, i'm not antisocial, i love people oh my god, i'm such a fucking chatterbox, and i learn from experience" i said. "how are you going to live here? they have you plastered everywhere and i could get in trouble for keeping you here" he said. i smirked as i brought my hands from around the chair, stretching.

"cmon ethan" i stood up as he looked at me in shock. "how did you untie it-"

"hurry, let's go watch the news" i said, walking up the stairs. i moved my blonde locks to the side as i smiled, hearing the news already. ethan and i both sat on the couch.

"the criminal has been found in canada. she's was found in the back of the trunk. she's now in custody and being transferred to the most high tech prison" they said. "thank you for being calm everyone, have a safe night" the tv said as i chuckled.

i turned it off, looking at ethan while he had shock on his face. "how do you do that? was that someone innocent?" he asked me. "someone just as bad as me or even worse" i sighed.

"so you don't work alone?" he asked.

"she contacted me saying she was just done. i'm facing death penalty for charges i shouldn't have" i said. "you've killed people!" he yelled at me. "don't you think i know, ethan? i feel like shit thinking about it. now, i'm losing my best friend when that shouldn't be none of us" i gritted through my teeth.