chapter eight

lillian dove
-monday, september 15, 2019
4:30pm
the girls held a tight grip on my hips, getting ready to toss me up. i scrunched my fave up, feeling the soreness of my cut. i was thrown in the air, flashing a big smile at the blank bleachers. i poke my one leg up as thy bounced me up once more.

i did the middle splits then went back. they all caught me, then put me on the floor gently. "okay, wanna see if run with me?" beverly asked me as i nodded. the choreography was way better, but the girls still needed practice.

it was 4:30 now.

the music played, but they looked sloppy.

"smile" i yelled and they all flashed big ones. they intimidated, throwing the flyers in the air, then went on. there was a part where me and another girl did flips which was going to be easy. they posed in their final position and i looked at beverly. "good run, but get stronger and be happy" she said.

"we need to stretch again" someone said as i nodded. "agreed" i said, trying to ignore the pain in my hip. "i'm going to grab stretch bands for the girls who need them. where would those me?" i asked beverly.

"the weightlifting room" she said. "the boys are in there right now, so it might be a little smelly" she gagged, causing me to smile. i walked into the school from the back door and looked for the weightlifting room. i eventually spotted it, as i walked faster, but with a limp.

i opened the door, seeing the boys lifting weights, using the treadmills, spotting, or waiting to bench. "miss it girl" one of the boys yelled as someone of them chuckled. "i'm not the it girl" i spoke. they all heard my voice, as some of them looked over at me.

especially ethan,

"yeah, you took beverly's spot. you're just not as bitchy" one boy spoke with blinds hair. "i did not. i'm only a bitch to people i don't like, example beverly" i said as some of them chuckled. "you're what everyone talks about" a tall tan guy with black hair spoke. "liar" i said, crossing my arms.

"don't believe me" he put his hands up in defense. "anyway, i needed stretch bands" i said. the room was ridiculously hot from them all being in here. "they're in coach paul's room" grayson said. "i'll get them" ethan said as he went inside his room. "ethan's got a crush" another guy yelled.

everyone oo'd and made lovey sounds making me laugh. ethan came back with a large bag filled with volleyballs and stretch bands. "it's kind of heavy" he said, walking up to me. he looked extremely hot.

his muscles were so prominent and his hair stuck to some of his forehead. "you think i'm weak?" i asked as he rolled his eyes playfully. "ethan, you like miss it girl?" someone yelled as he turned around. "shut the fuck up, conner" ethan yelled.

"i mean after all, you're single" another guy yelled.

he broke up with beverly.

"i have to go, you guys can be gross and figure this out" i laughed, leaving the room.
-
10pm

the choreography was looking way better at this point, we had all the cheers down so we were finally ready to go home. i got to my car, turning in my ac from how hot i was feeling. i drove home, listening to music and feeling better than i had this past week.

i parked my car, then went to the back shoving all my clothes in my backpack. i locked my car with my keys before going inside the house. i walked into the living room, seeing the tv was playing. i put my stuff on the couch and went into the kitchen. i saw ethan using his phone as he leaned over the counter.