chapter six

lillian dove
-thursday, september 14, 2019
8:00am

i down my dress a bit and i put on my sunglasses. it was now 8am. the trial started at 9 and after, i would go to my dads house, getting anything i wanted. either the house was completely gone or people lived in it still.

my plane was ready to leave at 4pm.

i called an uber as i walked out of my hotel. my black heels clicked against the floor as my heart beat quickened. my home town made me sick and sad. the car pulled up and i jumped in.

it was on the radio.

there were papers blowing around the small town of her last and final mugshot. the car drove off and it wasn't long before she was taken in. the people around me were quiet as well as the jury.

she looked out into the crowd as she saw me. a tear slipped down my face, but if was covered with my sunglasses. they finally started and i was scared with all the evidence they had.

"now claudia, if you weren't here for these murders? where were you?" a lawyer asked. "i was at my home, watching movies. it was a calm night of me not even leaving my house. you guys don't have my hand prints or anything on the weapons" she spoke as i smiled how she fired back.

"who else?" the lawyer asked.

"the people who were actually linked to those kills" she said. they continued on then if was time for the jury. i looked over at them as my hand began to shake. "we see claudia mars" the frail skinny guys spoke.

"guilty for each murder" they said. my sister shook her head as i covered my mouth. tears slipped down my face and it's like everything slowed down.

the judge got her gavel as they picked my sister up quickly. she looked at me knowing she couldn't risk saying goodbye.

my last time
-
i knocked on the of the house as i eyed the cars in the driveway. the door opener causing me to turn around. i saw a nice lady with brown hair, but she looked tired.

"how may i help you?" she asked. "my uncle was the previous owner of this house" i lied to as she looked at me. "i was wondering if you kept any of the belongings that were here?" i asked her, clearing my throat because it sounded like i had been crying.

"yes, actually" she said. she welcomed me in as i looked to the side seeing 4 kids watch the tv. they looked at me as i smiled. she took me back to a room and she had a small box.

"that's all that was here when i came" she said as she put it on the office desk. "i'll give you time to look and just tell me when you leave" she smiled before walking out. i smiled at her as she closed the door. my eyes landed on my ukulele that sat on the top of the box.

i grabbed it, seeing it had dust particles on it. i took my chance to see what else there was, but there was nothing.

everything was gone.

i felt sick as my hand held the ukulele so delicately. i opened the door, walking out of the room and went for the front door. tears began to brim my eyes as i closed the screen door. i got back in my uber, as i let the tears fall.