three; luke hemmings

Gemma's POV

I wake up and see Luke Hemmings's arm stretched around my waist, pulling me into him. I bite my lip. I don't know what to do. We kinda made up last night but he's still an ass. I love being around him, but I don't. I sigh and let myself fall back asleep into Luke's warm body. It's too early to be awake, anyways.

***

"Gemma please talk to me!" He chases me down the stadium halls. We hadn't talked the whole ride over to the stadium, so it felt like now he was letting everything out.

"No Luke. I need to get over whatever this is--and you do too!" I say.

"I can't Gemma. Everyone's telling me to move on and I just can't. Not without a better reason." He says.

"You know what Luke? I want you to get out of my life after the tour!" I yell.

"Whatever. We were never gonna work out anyways." He sighs and walks away.

Some part of me wishes that he would come back and fight for this. That he would just keep talking to me. I had such strong feelings for Luke Hemmings I just couldn't admit it. It would tear everything apart. We are supposed to be friends-now enemies-but we aren't meant to date! He's right, it would've never worked out anyways! 

***

.

.

.

Calum's POV

Michael Ashton and I stand in front of Luke's bunk just staring at them. Gemma is snuggled into Luke's chest with his arms around her waist. I just can't believe he changed his mind. She was such a bitch to him last night and now after one apology he acts like he's in love with her all over again. 

"Wha-what do we do?" Michael whispers.

"I have no idea." I say.

Suddenly Luke's yawns and his eyes flutter open so quickly we don't have time to react. 

"WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING?!" Luke whisper-yells, his arms still around her.

"Looking for the pizza." Michael whispers.

"And the pizza is going to be in my bed, Michael. Yes!" Luke says sarcastically.

"Why do you even like her anyways?" Ashton asks.

"I don't! I was holding her so she wouldn't fall." He says looking at her.

"You're going to get hurt, Luke." I say.

"I. Don't. Like. Gemma. Like. That." Luke says. 

Then Gemma moves around and pushes herself into Luke more and he tells us to go away as he closes the curtain on his bunk.

.

.

.

Gemma's POV

When I wake up Luke is just staring at me. His blue eyes just stare at me. He looks cute with his bed hair.

"Hey." I whisper.

"Hi." He says.

"Sorry.." I say scooting away from him. He pulls me closer again, this time so our faces are centimeters apart. He looks at my lips and I look at his. I look up at him and see how much I really want this to happen. I kiss his cheek and then quickly hop out of the bed. 

As I walk into my bus I scream as I see Michael, Ashton, and Calum standing there. They laugh at me, not taking their eyes off of me.

"What do you want?" I hiss.

"Stay the hell away from him, ok? You're just going to hurt him again, Gemma." Michael says.

"You guuys don't know anything." I say.

"Just get over it. Get over him so he can get over you!" Calum says.

"You guys have no control over me. You don't tell me what to do. Just because you think you're better than me, you can't control me like some kind of slave! We are going to be together on this tour for 1 more month and you need to except that I'm not just going to forget about Luke. You guys seem like okay people when you're not harassing me or pranking me or whatever but inside all of this, I'm an okay person too. You just never have given me the chance to show you. I can't stay away from Luke, and yes, he probably will get hurt because I'm a bitch and I don't know how to care for someone as good as him. It's so hard to get over him! I have such strong feelings for him but we all know I can't do this. I'm a wreck and I refuse to wreck him too, so you guys are right. I will hurt him, but I can't stay away from him." I say holding back my tears.

"Gemma.." I hear behind me. I gasp as I see Luke standing there.

"Wh-what did you hear?" I ask.

"Everything you said. Gemma you're not a wreck. You're anything but that. I know we have our problems but we can--" I cut him off.

"No, Luke! I'm gonna hurt you. Just like they said." I say as I push past him and run into the stadium.

.

.

.

Luke's POV

"What the hell guys?!" I yell.

"You are so blinded by your love for this girl that you don't realize that she is a bad person!" Calum yells back.

"Fuck you Calum. All of you. You don't know anything." I regret it as soon as I say it but I don't take it back.

I walk into the stadium and it's so huge I don't know how I'm going to find her in here. I weave the halls for probably 45 minutes until I hear sobbing from inside a supply closet on the very bottom floor.

"Gemma?" I ask and open the door.

"No! No! Don't come in." She says and turns away from me.

I grab her forearm and feel something weird on her arms. She pulls away quickly.

"What are you doing..?" I ask.

"Leave me alone Luke." She whispers.

I look at my hands and see blood. Her blood. I hold back tears and make her face me.

"Don't you ever hurt yourself again because of what those idiots say to you. Gemma, you are worth so much to me and to everyone. They don't know what they're saying Gemma. You're too good to be hurting yourself like that." And before I can get another word out she plants her soft lips on mine.

~~~

OOOHHHH. This chapter is a little shorter than the others, but I have such a good idea for the next chapter :) So basically the premise for this story is they go on tour together things happen between Luke and Gemma ( ;p ) and then the tour ends and 5SOS and Gemma try and go their seperate ways but...things happen! :D Thank you for reading and voting and commenting and following wow long sentence haha. LOVE YOU ALL.

xoxo -mee