nine; drunk

Luke's POV

I wake up next to her, the girl I loved. The girl I slept with last night, Gemma Ross. God, she was beautiful.

"Gemma?" I ask and she faces toward me, her bed hair making her even sexier.

"You woke me up." She laughs and hits me with a pillow.

"We barely slept." I wink.

"You're such a flirt, Hemmings." She smiles.

"You're so flawless, Ross." I whisper into a kiss. I start to get lost but then hear the pounding of someone's fist on my bedroom door.

"WHAT IS IT?!" Gemma yells. I laugh, she's so weird.

"TELL YOUR BOYFRIEND TO COME OUT BECAUSE I KNOW YOU TWO HAVE BEEN DONE FOR A WHILE NOW!" Michael screams from behind the door. I get up at out of bed and raise my eyebrows as I see Gemma checking me out.

"What? You can't expect me to not stare." She sighs. I roll my eyes and open the door to see Michael standind outside, with Morgan at his side.

"What do you need?" I ask.

"We are going clubbing." He laughs.

"It's...10 in the morning Michael." I say.

"Oh. We are going clubbing anyways. Get dressed." He says and walks back to another room in my house, I don't bother asking.

I sigh and fall back onto the bed and pull Gemma onto me. She kisses me and I kiss her and I just can't stop thinking about how much I've wanted this for so long.

"Time for clubbing?" She questions.

"I doubt there's going to be a club open at this hour." I say.

"Michael will start a club in your house if he has to. Get dressed." She laughs and slides her shorts back on. She walks over to my closet and goes through it and pulls out a Nirvanna t-shirt and holds it up to her.

"It's way too big." I laugh.

"I would know." She winks and it takes me a moment to realize what she means. (**a/n wow ahah i literally jus tthought to turn into a dirty joke as i was writing it lol wow)

She slips it in and ties it behind her so it fits her curvy frame. She slaps my butt and walks out of my room. I am left with only thoughts of the crazy, gorgeous, rock girl who I love.

We all pile into my car, with the girls sitting on each others laps , and prepare to just have a long car drive, looking for clubs that aren't open on the hungover Michael's request. Not a bad way to start a Saturday, I think.

"MICHAEL WE HAVE BEEN DRIVING FOR AT LEAST 4 HOURS THERE AREN'T ANY CLUBS OPEN RIGHT NOW CAN WE PLEASE JUST GO HOME TIL THEY OPEN?!" Gemma yells.

"Gemma, oh Gemma. You silly silly girl we haven't even searched half of this town." He giggles.

"LUKE TURN AROUND." She yells at me.

"Babe, he's not going to stop. Let's just find a club and get it over with." I suggest.

"He's top priority, I forgot." She says and basically shoves her headphones back into her head. I swore she had anger issues. The girl got mad at such little things.

We drive around from 10:30 am until 5pm, stopping for food gas and bathrooms, and as soon as we are about to go home Calum points out a club and Michael won't stop telling all of us how much he wants to go clubbing. We all agree, and we all agree to have a cab on speed dial so if one of us gets too drunk we can call a cab and go home.

We walk in and even at 5 o'clock the club is full of people grinding and making out in crappy booths. Mia, Gemma, Lola and Morgan head straight to the dancefloor dancing in a way that would make a guy's jeans tight in seconds. Calum leads Ashton Michael and I over to the bar and we get a few bars and just watch the girls dance. In my drunken state, I barely realize I'm not staring at Gemma--but at Mia. Soon the girls come over and get drinks and I laugh as I see they get drunker quicker, and harder than we did. Mia grabs my wrist and pulls me onto the dancefloor. She dances around me, and I end up ignoring Calum and Gemma's slightly drunk reactions to what Mia and I are doing.

In one moment, the music grows perfectly too loud, the bass pumps through me at the right intensity, Mia's lips find their way onto mine too quickly, and I hear Gemma cry out. I turn around and immediately a hand comes into contact with my cheek. It's sting muffled by the alcohol coursing through me. Calum rushes toward the situation, and grabs Gemma. I push Calum away from her, letting the beer control me.

"GO KISS MIA!" I hear Gemma yell as she pushes me away and runs out of the club with Calum behind her. I see Ashton, Michael, Lola and Morgan looking around confused and angry. I roll my eyes and with that everything goes dizzy.

.

.

.

Calum's POV

I follow Gemma out into the blurred night caused by the pouring rain. If you didn't look close enough you wouldn't notice her crying, her tears mixing with the rain. She runs her hands through her hair, pacing back in forth, sniffling and mumbling things under her breath. I just watch her, and let myself drift into sadness because the girl I thought liked me as much as I liked her just made out with my old crush's boyfriend. So confusing.

"Gemma. Lets call a cab and go home." I suggest. She agrees easily, seeing as we aren't in as much of a drunken state as some of our friends.

"But before that..." She slurrs and puts her hands on the sides of my face and kisses me. Her natural smell mixes with the alcohol and the rain and it's almost too much but it's not. She kisses me and kisses me, and I don't stop it. I can't deny that it's what I've wanted for a long time. But Luke was still her boyfriends, so I gently pull out of the kiss and call a cab. Gemma giggles and just runs in the rain while we wait for the cab to arrive.

"CALUM!" I barely hear someone call my name behind the noise of the busy city.

I turn around and see the rest of our group, but Luke rushing toward me. I dodge his body and hold my hands up in surrender. He's bigger than me, and I just don't want to fight with him.

"Luke stop!" I say.

"You kissed..her!" He yells again.

"Luke stop!" I yell back.

He runs toward me and pushes me backwards. Time stops as I feel my foot slip of the sidewalk and onto the pavement. All I can hear is the sound of a horn, muffled cries, and the sound of a body hitting a car--and then the city lights fade from my sight, and my world goes mute and pitch black.

***

WOAH WHAT JUST HAPPENED.

is calum alive?!

or did he just get pushed into a car by luke?!

so many questions.

looks like you'll have to wait for the next update for answers.

;* love you eggplants stay flawless.

xoxo -mee :)