epilogue

[gemmas pov]

i lean my head on luke's shoulder as lola and ashton kiss on the couch. they're so cute, my best friend and the love of my life's best friend (one of them). calum and michael talk to two of my other non-kiss-my-boyfriend-friends and all i can think about is the feeling of my cheek on luke's shoulder and his lips on my forehead and our hands intertwined and together and whole. 

"be right back, babe." he smiles and walks into his room. i watch in suspicion as i see the rest of the boys follow him.

"do you know what's happening?" i ask my friends.

"boy talk, remember?" lola laughs.

"gemma, can you come here real quick?" luke asks me, standing in the middle of the room.

"yes?" i laugh, nervous as hell.

"gemma, you know how much you mean to me. you know how much you changed my life, for the better. you make me happy, and everything good in this world. i am so in love with you it's crazy. and," he drops onto one knee and my heart stops. my eyes water. and my hands cover my mouth as i hear my friends gasp and his friends silently high-five.

"gemma ross, will you marry me?" his australian voice speaks.

in an instant, all the memories flash before me. the whipped cream prank, the first kiss, the hospital, the vegemite, the bar, everything. 

"yes." i smile and kiss the boy i love with my heart and everything else because luke robert hemmings was the love of my life.

***

a/n: the end x(: thanks for making this story so fun to write. i love all of you!