ten; hospitals

Gemma's POV

I scream as I see the taxi's hood come into contact with Calum. His body bends sideways in such an awful fashion I can't look. All I see is Calum's body laying on the road with Luke a few feet away. His face is shock and he just stares at his open hands. I push past him and kneel next to Calum. I shake him and shake him, but he doesn't respond, and he's barely breathing. I hear the taxi driver call for an ambulance and then the fear kicks in. I turn around and see Luke. I push him backwards into the rest of my friends with my drunken force. 

"What the hell is wrong with you?!" I yell.

"What's wrong with you Gemma? You sad you're lover just got hit by a car?!" He yells back.

"I don't love Calum! I love you, you idiot!" I scream and raise my arm to slap him but Lola pulls me back and Ash holds Luke back. I let the tears fall down my face and I whisper, "I love you, not him." 

The ambulance comes and lifts Calum up onto the thingy (a/n: no idea what it's called lol sorry) and lift him into the truck. 

"I'm going with. Lola, take Mia and Morgan home and then come to the hospital with Luke Ash and Michael." I say and the ambulance doors close.

I've never been inside an ambulance. I never would have thought it would be so hectic. Calum lay on the thingie with his eyes closed and his chest barely moving. People open his eyes, to shine a flashlight in them, for reasons I don't know and ask him questions he can't answer because he's unconcious. I close my eyes and let my head lean back onto the side of the truck...and all I can think about is Luke.

Luke. Mia kissing him. Calum telling Luke to go away, Luke trying to get him away from me. Then..me kissing Calum in the rain outside of the club. And then Luke's face when I told him I loved him and not Calum. It was one of regret, like he wished he could take tonight back. I wish I could. My thoughts are stopped by the ambulance stopping in front of the hospital. The truck opens and Calum is lifted out and rushed inside. I don't know what's going on, I just mindlessly follow them until they tell me I can't go any further.

.

.

.

Ashton's POV

Lola drops Mia and Morgan off without a word. I glare at Mia the whole time, looking at the look of guilt that covers her face. It's her fault Calum got hit. If she hadn't of kissed her friend's boyfriend, one of my best friends wouldn't have gotten hit by a car. I don't even know if he's alive. I text Gemma, my hands shaking the entire time.

me: is he ok?!

gemma: idk.

me: find out then gemma!!

gemma: they wont let me in.

me: get in anyways!!

gemma: i cant.

me: do u not care?!

gemma: fuck you ashton.

I throw my phone onto the floor in frustration. I don't know how Luke can stand her. Lola pulls into the hospital parking lot. Luke, Michael, Lola and I run into the ER and see Gemma there, pacing back in forth, her eyes red and puffy. She runs to Lola and just hugs her. Lola was strong, you could see it in the way she kept her emotions in check around Gemma. She wanted to be strong for Gemma. And I wanted to be strong for Lola.

I turn and see Luke on a chair, with his head in his hands. I go over to him, and put a hand on his back.

"I-I pushed him Ash." Luke stutters.

"I know. It's okay. He's going to be okay." I whisper.

"How do you know?" He looks up at me.

"I just do. But right now, I think you need to go talk to Gemma." I say and he nods and walks up to her, while Michael talks to the woman at the front counter. I feel arms wrap around my neck and quickly recognize them as Lola's.

"Hey." I whisper.

"Hey babe." She replies.

"I'm sorry this happened." I say.

"It's not your fault. Things just got out of hand." 

"But now Calum's in the hopsital." Then I realize something. "Oh shit. We can't let the media get a hold of this." I say. Lola takes out her phone and gives a sigh of relief.

"Nothing about the fight, or Calum being taken to the hospital." Lola says.

"Good." I say.

I see the doctor come out of the wing where Calum was taken and we all rush over to him. He examines us at first, and I wonder if he'll ever stop judging us or just talk to us.

"I'm Doctor Marshall." He says.

"Is Calum okay?" Gemma asks.

And the next thing I know tears fill my eyes and I quickly hug Luke, holding back tears.

***

a/n:

so. 

what just happened lol

what do you think happened to calum? 

cliffhangers lol. theyre a pain in the ass. this chapter is a little short (ok a lot short) but next chapter will be a lot longer. 

so im writing a new story called latte, you should check it out it would mean a lot to me :)

stay perfect eggplants x

xoxo -me