eleven; closet conversations

Gemma's POV        

"Calum is going to be okay." The doctor says. I exhale, seeing as I've been holding my breath for the entirety of him speaking to us. I go to hug Luke, but he's in Ashton's arms-and I'm 'mad' at him. I hug Lola and she cries into my shoulder. Lola was never that girl. She only cried when she needed to. She didn't want to cry in front of people because it might show that she was weak but weakness never lived inside of Lola and that's what makes her stronger.

"Can we see him?" I ask.

"One at a time. I suppose you can go first." He says, walking away.

"I'll be back in a second." And just before I go, I see Luke's eyes drop. I run over to him and cup his chin in my hand and kiss the hell out of him. He just stares at me as I walk into Calum's room. 

Calum lays on the hospital bed, his eyes closed. I can't tear my eyes away from the heart monitor, showing his steady heartbeat. I sit on the chair next to him and hold his hand. Even though it seemed like Calum was worlds away, his hand was still his hand. You could tell he bit his nails because of the rough tips of his nails. His hands were cold, but they were still his hands. He was still Calum.

"Gemma?" I hear him mumble.

"Yeah Calum it's me, i'm here." I say, leaning over him.

"Where's Mia?" He asks.

"Gone. I don't want her around anymore, she hurt you." I whisper.

"Thank you Gemma." He smiles and fades back into a sleep. He was beautiful, but he wasn't for me. He deserved a girl who wasn't as fucked up as I was. And Luke and I were the same, and that's why I loved him and not Calum. 

I walk out of the room, wiping the tears I didn't know where there. Lola, Ash, Michael and Luke stand in a circle just talking. I admire the moment and I feel paralyzed as I see Luke see me and walk over to me.

"Can we talk?" He asks.

"Yeah." I whisper.

He grabs my hand reassuringly and leads me to an empty closet in the hopsital.

"It smells like hospital in here." I groan.

"Believe it or not Gems, we are in a hospital." I wince at his nickname for me.

"It's only Gemma, Luke." I say.

"I thought we were together, though. I thought that meant I could call you Gems." He smiles.

"I thought you hated me." I whisper.

"I thought you would never forgive me. I was mad, and drunk. I'm not even supposed to be drunk at this age!" He laughs.

"I love you Luke Hemmings." I say.

"I love you too Gemma Ross. More than anyone has ever thought about loving someone, I love you. You're so goddamn beautiful. You can sing like an angel. Your eyes are like emeralds and everytime I look into them I sware I fall even more in love with you." He says and I wipe my tears away.

"I love you so much." I say and hug him. His arms wrap around my waist and I let my head just rest against his chest. This is the person I love. I love him so much. 

"I'm going to sing you a song." He laughs.

"I'd like that." I smile.

Oh oh,

Oh oh,

Oh oh,

Oh oh oh oh oh oh

Don't talk, let me think it over

How we gonna fix this?

How we gonna undo all the pain?

Tell me, is it even worth it?

Looking straight through a line

Taking back at the time we can't replace

All the crossed wires

Just making us tired

Is it too late to bring it back to life?

When I close my eyes and try to sleep, 

I fall apart, I'm fighting hard to breathe

You're the reason, the pnly reason

Even though my dizzy head is numb,

I swear my heart is never giving up,

You're the reason, the only reason

I feel you burning under my skin

I swear I see you shining

Brighter than the flame insde your eyes

Bitter words spoken,

Everything broken

It's never too late to bring us back to life

He continues singing 'The Only Reason' and I let myself think of how good this life is. I have my music, Luke Hemmings..I love this life.

***

a/n: shitty update but i had to let you guys know about calum.

sorry :( better updates soon.

xoxo -me