It just got too much

It just got too much and I burst out crying. 

Crowley's POV

We all believe in ghost stories at some point, don't we. You know, when you'd be at a sleepover, making stories up and getting nightmares. We've all seen the movies that keep us up at night. The songs that echo in our ears. I created those. By disrupting Gods plans I managed to create the difference between good and evil. I have always hated it though. I like to be warm, comfortable; the feeling of a cold shiver running up my spine or fear rattling my bones is horrendous for me. The humans seem to love it. I also seem to hate that I'm one of beings that humans fear. A demon, it's not like all of are bad. Okay, so most of us are bad... okay, all but me are bad. At least, I hope I'm not bad. Compared to people like Aziraphale I'm the nightmare that haunts your children, but compared to other demons, I'm a darling, angel-baby. The humans still fear us though. Most of them don't even believe in us, but we still scare them. I use to believe, I believed I had parents. I believed that someone cared, that some old woman was still out there, looking for me. I grew out of it soon though, I realised that no one wanted me, no one cared for me. That was until I met Aziraphale, he's my closest friend and I hold him dear to my heart. He always tried to convince me that I might have someone out there, he told me what to do if it happened. 

However, nothing could prepare me for this. Nothing could I have stopped me being where I am now - sitting on a window sill, holding a tear-stained letter. I stopped crying hours ago, now just staring out into the dark night. Wishing the pain would go away. As I'm dwelling in my own self-pity, I hear the soft creaks of my door opening and shutting gently, then the calm footsteps getting closer to my location, nearer and nearer until-

"Crowley?" the gentle voice of Aziraphale rings out. I open my mouth to respond, but find myself closing it, without even glancing at him. 

Aziraphale's POV

I sigh, Crowley has left all his things at my place again. I ought to return them before sunrise, so he can't not find them in the morning. He'll probably be awake anyway, he is most of the time. I scoop all his things into one bag and miracle my way over to his apartment. I appeared outside his door, of course, I didn't want to invade his privacy. I knock on the door and wait... no answer. I knock again, a bit louder... still no answer. I try the door and notice that it's open, so I softly swing it open. I shut it behind me and walk gently to his lounge. As I enter the room, I find Crowley sat on his windowsill - staring out into the night sky. I get closer and notice the transparent tear-stains marking his soft cheeks, running from under his sunglasses. His ginger hair is ruffled, as if he has run his hands through it many time, his body is hunched over and his pink lips are dry and cracked. In his hands, he held a letter, his black nail-varnish was chipped and had flaked onto the paper. 

"Crowley?" I say gently. He opens his mouth, as if to respond, but closes it and continues to gaze out the window. I step closer to him, "Have you been crying, Crowley?" I ask, summoning all my sympathy for him. He finally tears his gaze away from the sky and faces me. He sits up taller and scoffs.

"Of course not, that's preposterous, why would I do that?" he exclaimed obnoxiously.

I looked at him sadly, "Take off your sunglasses." I request. 

He scrambles back, laughing nervously, "No!"

I reach out and snatch them from his face, revealing his blood-shot, yellow eyes. His normally pale cheeks were flushed and he looked genuinely sad. He automatically reached out for another pair but before he managed to place them on his nose, I snapped my fingers and they disappeared. He glared at me with his sorrowful eyes, turning his attention to his black socks.

"Look at me." I tell him, calming but firmly. He reluctantly drew his gaze up, to look me in the eyes. Instead of saying anything, I did the unexpected. I pulled him into a loving hug. I tried to put all of my emotions for Crowley through the embrace, love, sadness, sympathy, empathy, etc, "What's wrong?" I whisper in his pierced ear. He sniffled and snuggled further into my arms. 

"Nothing." he insisted.

"Bullpoo." I state. Crowley snorted loudly.

"Bullpoo?" he repeated.

"Bullpoo."  I deadpanned before continuing, "But, don't give me that. I know something is bothering you and I want to help you." 

Crowley sighed heavily, "It's complicated."

"I have time."

Another deep sigh, "It's hard to pinpoint it on one thing. I think it's just everything that's been on my mind and today I was just pushed over the edge." 

"Explain it all to me." 

"Why should I?" was the sneer I got in reply.

"Because I actually care." I explained, slightly annoyed.

"Mk," Crowley agreed, "Well, a couple months ago, I began questioning everything and it got to the point where I was questioning my sexuality. I've come the a conclusion now but I'm struggling to adjust to it. Then, obviously, Armageddon hit and now that's all in my mind. Hell hasn't even attempted to communicate with me yet so I'm constantly on edge, I had a staring contest with a duck last week! Then tonight I got this anonymous letter. It says, that-" he gulped, "-that when I was human, I had parents but apparently they gave me up for adoption. Then these weirdo's came and adopted me but instead of taking care of me and things, they sold me two days later to these scientists. They experimented on me, taking me apart, putting me back together. Sewing bits and bobs to me, wings, extra body parts until one day my body just gave in and I dropped dead. I arrived in heaven and fell in the time period of a few days then was stuck in hell for the rest of eternity. It just seemed to jog my memory and I saw little snippets of being in that place. All the torture, all the pain. It just got too much and I burst out crying." he blurted. 

I pull him into another massive hug, I felt his salty tears falling onto my shirt, soaking the fabric, but I couldn't care less right now. I felt this little flip in my stomach but elected to ignore it for now. I stand up slowly with my demon leaning in my arms. I make my way over to his comfy sofa, laying myself down and pulling Crowley after me. He lay on top of me, snuggling into my chest, arms around my torso. I placed my hands around his waist and held him tight to me.

"Let's go to sleep, dear, we can talk it out tomorrow." I suggested sleepily. I felt my demon nodding against my chest so I yawned loudly and closed my tired eyes. As I drifted of to sleep, I felt Crowley's breathing slow and knew he was fast asleep. I look down at his peaceful face and soft hair, my stomach did that weird, stomach-flippy-thing again. Thinking about it, my stomach does that a lot around Crowley. I mean, I know I love him but could it be more than in a friendly manner? Probably, I often find myself staring at his soft lips or wishing I could run my fingers through his gorgeous hair. I sound like a sappy teenager. Oh well, guess that's was it's like to be in love. 

-

Sorry this is so bad, I'm tired. Anyway, any suggestions for future oneshots??

-Author ^W^

Word count: 1321