Monopoly

It's monopoly.

Third person

"Aziraphale!" Crowley whinged loudly, spread out on his friends sofa.

Aziraphale sighed, it'd had only been a couple of weeks since they were put into quarantine and they'd already gotten sick and tired of being stuck indoors, "Yes, dear?"

"I'm so bored." the demon complained, dragging out each letter slowly.

"Crowley, we're all bored my dear, but couldn't you find something- anything to do?"

"I've never stayed inside for this long, not even during the black-fricking-plague! I don't even know what my options are!" 

"There's plenty of things for us to do! I've not got anything to do either, we could... we could play a board game!" Aziraphale suggested, eyes lighting up in a way that was too ridiculously cute for Crowley to deny. He slunk up from the sofa and swaggered over to his friend,

"What do you have in mind, angel?"

After a few moments thought, a light flickered to life in the angels eyes.

"Monopoly!"

"No- no, angel. Not monopoly, you know how we get during that blasted game!"

"But it'll be fun!" 

"No-" he watched as Aziraphale's mood sunk slightly, "I mean, okay fine. But only one round!"

The effect was immediate, the angels posture straightened at that (truly wonderous) smile lit up the room.

"Oh, oh thank you! I'll go and fetch the game. Get comfortable!"

"Yeah, yeah, sure. Want a snack?"

"We should have crepes!"

"As you wish, angel. Now go and get that bloody game!"

Crowley sniggered at the disapproving look he received before clicking his fingers and conjuring their sweet snack. 

-

"Crowley you can't buy that!" 

"Why not?"

"Because it's mine!"

"Well what if I want to steal it?"

"That's not the point of the game, Crowley!"

"Well it should be."

"For Heav- for someone's sake! Just give me the dice." 

"As you wish."

-

"I give up."

"What?"

"I give up."

"Yes, I heard what you said. I'm just wondering why you said it."

"Crowley."

"Aziraphale."

"Crowley."

"Yes?"

The angel sighed, "Crowley."

"Yes? What is it?"

"You've bought that five times now, five, times."

"Oh," Crowley chuckled, "Well it's always good to be thorough."

"This is above and beyond thorough, Crowley."

"I need a drink."

"Crowley!"

-

"Okay, time for something new." Crowley quickly packed up after the most recent piece of money was scrunched up and thrown at his head, "Aren't all you angels supposed to be friendly and calm?"

"It's monopoly."

"Fair point."

-

Once Crowley had successfully poured himself a large glass of wine, he and Aziraphale sat back on the sofa, 

"What now?" the demon asked.

"I'm going to catch up on some reading."

"What?"

"I'm reading, my dear. Feel free to choose a book if you would like."

"Do I look like the sort of person who'd read a book."

"You must never judge a book by it's cover." Aziraphale stated wisely as he opened his book and began to read. He heard his friend groan dramatically, then he felt a head land in his lap. Aziraphale looked down and chuckled amusedly at the sight of the 'big, bad' Anthony J Crowley curled up on the sofa with his head on his best friends lap. Without much thought, the angels hand rested upon his ginger hair and his fingers began to work their way through the strands, gently untangling knots. Aziraphale turned back to his book, and there they stayed for the night. They hadn't realised time had passed until the new sun reflected brightly on the angels face. He had glanced down at Crowley to see he was fast asleep, so he didn't move. He bathed in the sun and in the strong adoration for the man in his lap. Maybe this quarantine wouldn't be so bad after all. 

-

{Thanks to @thematrixgirl  for this idea, I hope it's to your liking!}

-

Word count: 642

-

Well here it is, not a continuation to that series I'm afraid (do not fear! I do plan to finish the series! I'm just doing stuff in between) but I saw a comment and decided, why not? Thank you all so much for 21k reads and I'm fairly sure I've got at least 930 votes, I mean... that's insane! Thank you all so much.

This story isn't really focussed on a romantic relationship between the two but more about their underlying affections, if you like it then please let me know and I might do more that are less about all that and more about their affection. Thank you again :))

I hope you enjoyed this chapter!