Struggling

My shift ended about an hour but I decided to work a little longer to avoid going home and to raise more money. My manager was willing to let me work longer but he'd rather have me go home cause I need rest.

"Beyoncé we are closing go home you have been working twelve hours, I'm a few shifts away from investigation.", he said.

"I'll go I'll go, goodnight thanks Mack", I said.

"Goodnight", he said.

I grabbed my things and headed out of the coffee shop I worked in and headed down to the music shop. I looked around seeing if there was any new music I could buy. So far I found a Whitney Houston record I didn't have that was the only thing I bought. I tend to spend more at times but I'm on extra saving mode for my dream apartment.

I make enough for rent even if I stopped working extra hours but I needed money for other things. I finally walked home that wasn't far from my work or this store.

Reaching the door I pulled out my keys and took a deep breathe to prepare myself. The eerie feeling of home the cold air when I enter, the stares thrown at me by family members.

I unlocked the door and entered the house my aunt and grandma were sitting watching me enter and take off mt shoes.

"Que tarde you be in the streets all day, ¡toda el dia! but never help out here, why you never cleaning the house?", my grandma asked.

"I work abuela and I don't be leaving no messes here, not even my room", I said.

"How would I know, you have it locked. ¿Que escondes? What are you hiding?", she asked.

"My stuff it always goes missing if I don't lock it", I said.

"Your primas told me they found pregnancy test in your room they even should it to me, and they were positive are you pregnant?", my aunt asked.

"Do I look pregnant to you", I said raising my shirt with a six pack, "I am not pregnant I have never bought a test and I haven't even had a boyfriend"

"Who knows?", my aunt said.

"I'll be in my room", I said.

I walked down the halls to my room, the door had a picture of a lion taped onto it by me. I looked at for a second and I reminded me who I was then I entered my room I had a simple room. Nothing was in sight for in case my cousins entered they had a habbit of "borrowing" my things, or planting stuff in my room. I plopped on my bed and started going through my phone to see what was new.

Mami💀: I'm coming back for you anytime the paper work is still processing?

bey😐: liar I'm 18 ain't nothing here to stop you I'm a legal adult, hot like I need to go back. I'm doing just fine with out you if you want to help stay quiet.

Mami💀: disrepectful, you are coming back whether you like it or not

You'd think I be happy my mom is getting me out of this house but she got me here and left me here. I had to spend 7 years of my life battling with these people who could care less about me. They are my dad's family and they hate me for being mixed and beautiful compared to them. You probably think where is my dad? He works a lot he goes out of town constantly doesn't come for weeks, a truck driver.

I love him a lot I miss him he has been gone for two weeks he will be back in two weeks. He loves me when he comes he spoils me and when he can he sends me money from the places. My dad sends me pictures of where he is at and brings different things from his travels.

Papi🖤: How was work?

bey😐: tiring as usual but my boss gave me the extra hours I needed, how about you where are you?