Who Are You?

The storm before the calm, well you know what the storm before the storm. there is no such thing as peace for me in my life and I have accepted that. 

My mom has stayed with us for a total of three days, I have been here enough to notice her demeanor in this house. She does help around the house by keeping it cleaning and doing you know the motherly role. I heard she's looking for jobs and I have seen her leave for interviews which makes me happy.

Although we have talked we still don't interact like you would expect, we are kind of like neighbors. On the other hand my aunt and I remain really close in bond and I prefer that right now. She hasn't spoken directly to my mom she doesn't have the most fond memory or impression of my mom and I get it.

I was off only for this week next week it was back to rehearsals shows, photoshoots, and interviews. I am glad to have time off but I am so anxious to return back to the stage it is so fun to come out of my shell. The plan for today was meet Jay at the studio he wanted me to hop on a track, I was excited to make another track. This time instead of for my album it was for Jay he was also going to be making a return to music. 

I new it might complicate our relationship with both of us having to tour but I didn't mind, it was going to make us work harder. Before going to the studio we decided to catch lunch and our usual spot, so I was dressed and off to meet up with him.

"I'll be back later I am headed off", I grabbed my keys.

"Where you going?", my mom asked.

"To eat at the Music cage and the studio with Jayy, I might hang out with the girls too", I said.

"Don't come here late we are now having mandatory dinner and you will be helping me cook, because you can't cook", she claimed. 

"I don't know how long I will be in the studio to be honest, and clearly you have  never tasted my recipes I might need to expand but for sure I can cook", I scoffed and walked out.

It was those types of remarks that made it hard for me to bond with her, I don't sit either and take the insult. We have already had a few arguments in the days she has been here, I knew it was going to be hard to have a relationship. I walked out my house and made it to my car, it was a ten minute drive to the café restaurant. Jay was already seated when I arrived he had our drinks there while he looked at the menu, I took a seat quietly to surprise him. 

"Bey you are not as sneaky as you think", he said.

"Dang it sorry I am little late I almost began an argument again", I told him.

"Let me guess your mom?"

"She had the nerve to say I couldn't cook and that isn't true I helped raise enough kids to know how throw it down in the kitchen. I won't lie I do cook more Mexican that isn't entirely my fault. She wants to start a mandatory dinner thing where I help her cook, but I am going to be missing a bunch of those."

"I get what you mean maybe you can switch the family thing, and don't let everything get to you. This is little criticism imagine when you release your music and not everyone likes it what are you going to do?"

"I hate it when you turn it into a lecture, I will take that into consideration for next time you got a point there. You're an old wise man", I admitted.

"I'm not old I only beat you by five years."

"I know, so do you have any ideas for the album?", I asked.

"I am not sure I have some beat ideas and some of my friends have ideas, we will see how it goes. I got a more specific idea for a song with you, I think you're gonna like it."