twenty-four

It was a race and Chenle had to act fast to make sure everything was planned perfectly. He did have a big test yesterday but that wasn't why he was tired after all the test ended 2 hours after it started. He also wasn't tired because he and Jisung had a movie marathon but because after the marathon he had to help his dad set up.

His dad being none other than Lucas. Last night they both went to the car ahead of time to make sure that Lucas could fit in the trunk. He did with a little bit of struggle but they had an open trunk connect straight to the back seat where Chenle would be sitting incase anyone got suspicious. Everyone would be bringing small bags so there was no need in using the trunk to store their things.

That is of course unless you're bougie like Haechan. Once they tested getting him in the trunk they thought everything was in place that was until Jungwoo came outside. "You're not serious." He sighed scaring the living shit out of the two boys. "AH hyung!" Chenle screamed surprisingly quieter than usual. Let's just say when he was planning something he did it perfectly. Although this time his mind slipped.

"What are you two doing at my car literally at 4 in the morning?" Jungwoo crossed his arms and looked suspiciously at the pair. "Well... um ya see we were RUN!" Lucas yelled out and if only he hadn't yelled out his plans then maybe they would have gotten away. Jungwoo was quick to grab Lucas by the arm and pull him back into place. "Damn it!" Lucas looked down.

Chenle didn't bother running because he knew you're never supposed to yell out what your next move is when you're being interrogated. Lucas was a little dense on the subject of plans or just what to do and what not to do. "You act like i'm gonna tell anyone." Jungwoo groaned already annoyed and ready to just let all of his wonders die and go back inside.

"Well do you promise you won't tell anyone?" Chenle questioned him. "Yes now tell me already." Jungwoo tapped his foot. "Well if you must know I plan to sneak Lucas hyung in the back of the car when we go tomorrow so that he can go with us as well." Chenle beamed at his oh so brilliant plan.

"Oh cool... I'm coming too." Jungwoo easily said. "Wait WHAT!?" Lucas dramatically yelled as though they weren't outside. Honestly they should have gone inside by now because the neighbors were starting to turn on their lights. "Let's go back inside and I'll explain just why I think it's best I go." Jungwoo took his keys from Chenles hand and started leading them inside after locking his car.

When they got back in the house Jungwoo told them his reasoning. "If Lucas goes he will be the only non paired person." Jungwoo said in a obvious tone. "What does that mean?" Chenle looked at both of them questioningly. Lucas shrugged and put his hands up in a 'I don't know' pose. "Well you and Jisung are a dating and we all know that Markhyuck and Norenmin are a soon to be thing, So Lucas is going to be lonely." Jungwoo nonchalantly said.

He wasn't going to admit part of it was that he was lonely without Lucas because then he'd be brought into a bear hug by his big bear of a boyfriend. "Oh yeah that makes a lot of sense!" Chenle and Lucas finally understood. Lucas still enclosed his soft boyfriend in a bear hug. "Aw thank you baby now I'm gonna be with the love of my life." Even though Lucas said half of that wrong do to him still learning Korean Jungwoo didn't care and hugged back.

Chenle looked at them weirdly and grossed out by their couple actions not that he could judge. He rolled his eyes and walked back upstairs to get into bed with Jisung. "Where were you?" He was immediately questioned once he got into the bed. Chenle turned so his back was facing Jisung.

"O-Oh you're awake don't worry I just went to the bathroom." Chenle couldn't let anyone else know about their plan. Sadly even Jisung couldn't know. "Oh okay then." Jisung knew his boyfriend was lying because of the stutter but chose to ignore it and wrap his arms around him. "Let's sleep then." He spoke and cuddled up to him.

Chenle dreamt that everything was going to go according to plan. Let's just hope his dreams are right.

It was later in the day after they had texted in the group chat and everyone was getting ready to go but someone was purposely taking their time. "Haechan if you don't hurry the fuck up!" Renjun had been waiting in the car with everyone else for 15 minutes and started to get annoyed when the younger showed no signs of being ready.

"You literally brought your stuff over yesterday you should have been the first rea- What the fuck is that!?" Renjun walked into his room only to find his bestfriend throwing a girly outfit and a wig into his bag. "Nothing let's go!" Haechan tried to run past him but Renjun was quick.

"Don't tell me he still doesn't know you're a guy?" Renjun sternly held his friends shoulder. "Well I don't think he knows the difference of a guy and a girl all he knows is bro code." He shrugged. "Haechan do you like like this guy." Renjun had a small reassuring smile on his face. "I think I actually do and it's really fucking hard to say that." Haechan widened his eyes.

This was the first time he actually liked someone that wasn't an internet famous crush he had. "Then go for it without the wig" Renjun brought him back into reality. "Well I will the second you tell me what's going on with and those two boys." Haechan smirked. Renjun made a shocked face and took his hand away from Haechan and opened the door.

"I have no idea what you're talking about just hurry up." Renjun fast walked back to the car and sat back in his seat. Sure enough Haechan came out right behind him and sat next to him making sure to give a teasing look as they started driving away. Sometime during the ride Haechan put the wig on with.

Renjun wasn't sure if he was the only one that heard a bang followed by a quiet voice saying "oW shit!" but when he turned around he just saw Chenle rubbing his head. "H-Hit my head." Chenle showed a lopsided smile. Renjun just looked him up and down a little suspicious but shrugged and turned back around figuring that Chenle was just weird. Haechan has asked Jungwoo to turn on the radio a little while into the car ride and the first song that came on made everyone go crazy.

"HAHAHAAA ARE YOU READY FOR THIS!?" Lucas was in the back of the car trying his hardest to contain his excitement but that was nearly impossible when any Red Velvet song was playing especially an upbeat on like their newest song Zimzalabim.

Luckily everyone was yelling the lyrics so he went by unnoticed. "ZIMZALABIM ZIM ZIM ZALABIM ZIM ZIM ZALABIM ZIM ZIM!!!" By the time they arrived at Jaemin's house they all had the spell stuck in their head. To make things worse the only person verbally speaking the words was the loudest aka Chenle.

"Okay It's a good song and all but so help me god if you fucking say zimzalabim ONE MORE TIME i'll take out your tongue." Haechan yelled at Chenle and pointed his finger in a threatening way. Chenle immediately shut up and hid behind Jisung.

No one noticed when Chenle turned around to wink at at Jungwoo. "I just texted Jaemin and he said to come to the back." Renjun instructed everyone they all started walking except for Chenle. Jisung turned around and looked at him questioningly "Are you coming?" Jisung questined him. Chenle smiled and spoke "Yeah I just gotta get something I left in the car go ahead without me." He waved them forward.

Renjun and Haechan didn't need to be told twice and just walked towards the back door but Jisung was a little reluctant when he left. Chenle ran back to the car and hurried to ask Jungwoo to open the trunk so he could help Lucas out.

When the trunk opened he was met with a very uncomfortable looking guy. Lucas had his legs to his chest and was squeezed into the corner. "Oh thank god!" He exclaimed trying to get out. Jungwoo came to the back of the car with his backpack on and helped Chenle pull him out. "Thank you son." He fake cried and hugged the younger. Jungwoo rolled his eyes and closed the trunks door.

"Did you hit your head back there or something?" Chenle asked recalling the loud thud he had to act like was him when Renjun got suspicious. "Wha- NO!" Lucas scoffed. Jungwoo looked at him in a mocking way. "Okay I did." Lucas rubbed his head and smiled sheepishly.

"Let's go have some fun." Chenle quickly lead them towards the front door forgetting what Renjun had said earlier.