𝘴𝘩𝘺 - 𝘳𝘺𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘦𝘴𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘺

Ryan laid comfortably on Keith's chest. He slept on his back with both his arms out, snoring. She didn't even bother pushing or moving him for space, she simply just snuggle on a spot that was more comfortable. Looking at his freckle face, Ryan started to wonder how in the hell they come together like that. First, they were just classmates, then it turned into friendship and something a little more.

January 8, 2019

Walking into my Composition 1, I notice that the class was almost completely filled. I sigh in frustration as my plan to wake up early and get a good seat was no where to be found. Slowly, walking in scanning my eyes for a seat, I notice one by a male who was talking to some people around him. Walking up the stairs, I made it to the middle of the class and excuse myself in front of people, holding my things.

"Does anyone seat here?" I suddenly ask, not even realizing that I made it to the middle of the lane not knowing if the seat was already taken or not. The guy look at me and my breathe caught my throat as we made eye contact.

"Nah, you good." He said moving his bag that was on top of the seat. I lightly smiled and sat down on the cold seat, putting my notebook and the required book in front of me. I laid my bag on top of my lap and then pulled out my phone to keep company.

The class didn't start for another ten minutes, so I had time to spare to watch Arnell Armon recent video, even thought it was twenty minutes long. "I'm Keith, by the way." Looking to my side, we made eye contact.

"Ryan."

"You's a freshman or..."

"Junior, I just transferred from Wayne State." He nodded his head.

"That's cool. What made you want to come to USC?" Not sure what to response, since I didn't want to give away to much information about my problematic life, I replied with a simple, "Better education, I guess?" I question myself. From the look of his face it didn't look like he believed me and before he could reply, the professor walk in with a big, "Good Morning, class!" To start the day.

———
"Maybe we can meet tomorrow at the library to start on this project." Shay said as we both walk out Com 1.

"Just let me know what time."

"No problem, here's my number." She scribble in a piece of sticky note and hand it me, before walking away. While I was sticking it on the back of my phone, I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around and was face to face with Keith, who had his hoodie on.

"Sorry, but I just wanted to hand you this." He handed me a small flyer that had the words, KICKBACK in bold letters. "It's 90s theme, you should come."

"Oh," I said scanning the paper. "I-I don't know." I said. "I just moved here three days ago and barely know anybody."

"You know me." He smiled.

"Barely."

"Okay, how about I keep you company and show you the best part about being at USC. It's not all about the school and games, the function be kickin'." Looking at the piece of paper again, I sigh and nodded my head.

"Alright. I'll come only if you don't bail on me."

"Promise." He lightly smiled. "I'll see you later." I nodded my head as he walk off to the other side of campus. Sighing I look at the yellow piece of paper again shaking my head.

part.1