Chapter 7 [Edited]

Exactly one week after, their parents came home.

Only the sound of clacking plates and utensils can be heard inside the dining room. It was unusually quiet. As far as what Ingrid can recall, both of her current parents were happy-go-lucky individuals. Seeing them this serious and quiet was rare.

The first one to break the silence was her mother. "I heard from your Dad that you allowed my daughter to join that gathering by herself?"

Rembrandt was already done eating, after sipping down a wine, he replied. "We can discuss about this later in my office Aunty."

Oh. Ingrid was also done eating so all of her focus was on that two's conversation. By why was their topic about that outing with her classmates? Why were her mother making a big deal out of it. Isn't her overprotectiveness a bit too strange?

"Hey 1002, what's going on?"

1002: "Don't ask me, I don't know too."

"You're so useless."

1002 rebutted by saying,

1002: "I'm just your guide, currently, my ability was only limited to sending you to another world and transferring the memories of the body you transmigrated into, to you."

In short she was on her own. She can't ask other than small help from 1002.

Well, it does make some sense. If completing missions was just that easy, the reward wouldn't be as big as granting a person a wish. If one wished for unparalleled powers, that would definitely be worth it.

"Darling, Rembrandt's right. Trust him, he knew what he was doing." Ingrid moved her eyes to the one who just talked. Their eyes met and he gave her a friendly smile. That man was her Step Father, Rembrandt's blood father.

Dana's mother just gave out a harrumph and let the matter slide. Afterwards, the gloomy atmosphere was chased away. They chatted happily---no scratch that, only the three of them chatted happily. Rembrandt's reply was only limited to a nod and no. Well, what did you expect?

After that hearty dinner. They went to their respective room.

Ingrid stared at the pink ceiling blankly. She can sense that Rembrandt always evade her attempt to get closer, and maintain a proper distance.

This is really hard. Isn't this an impossible task? Breaking apart two people that was madly in love with each other, what wishful thinking.

"1002, what does the separation of the main characters contribute to maintaining the order of a world?"

1002: "Who knows, I'm just following the orders from above to guide you in every world that was tasked on you."

"You can't say no?"

1002: "..."

1002 kept his silence. Seemingly not interested to answer her silly question.

Right. How can you say no to your employer?

Ingrid continued having a staring contest with the ceiling. She racked her brain for more ideas to solve her ongoing crisis. But nothing came out of it.

Ingrid gave up. What do you expect from someone who can't even keep a longtime relationship? Those failed for a reason you see.

However, Ingrid has still an option no. 2 that she hadn't used. With the use of her laptop, Ingrid log in to the forum and made a new thread, she named it as, "How to break a couple apart?"

She explained her situation that from an advice given to her by someone, she made a move by seducing the guy but it didn't work out, their bond was solid.

In just a few seconds, someone replied and said,

Anonymous222: How can you be so stupid? If a man is in love, of course he won't look to someone else no matter how stunning and hot the other is.

InkedRed: Then what is the proper way to deal with it?

Anonymous222: Offer the other girl an astronomical amount of money.

Ingrid brows creased.

What nonsense. What is she, someone's future mother-in-law?

Ingrid was disappointed to find out that she won't get anything even from here. However, before she can even close the tab, someone made another reply.

SaintyMistress: Your first approach was wrong. You can't just barged into a harmonious relationship. What you need to do first it to find a crack in their relationship. If you can't find one, then you make one. Only when there's something like that exist you can properly do the seducing.

What SaintyMistress said made sense. In fact it was the best way to approach the matter. It's not like Ingrid never thought of something like this, it was just that she never considered doing it.

Rembrandt and Lu Wen's relationship was solid. Plus they were both faithful to their own partner. Ingrid can't find any fissure, moreover she don't have the guts to make one. She's afraid that if Rembrandt knew that she had her hand on his broken relationship, he might strangle her to death.

Is she afraid of death? No, of course not. She knew that she can be reborn again if she can successfully complete this mission, so a single death really don't matter.

What made her hold back from choosing this path was that the system gave her warning when she was considering this one. It said that she can't let the male lead's hatred of her reach the level that he will commit murder, or else, if that's the cause of her death, though she managed to break the couple apart, the system will still consider it as a failure.

Look at how many restrictions the system put on her yet only gave her so little assistance. This is work oppression.

So Ingrid chose the hard yet safest way she can think of by seducing her step brother.

Yet as of now, she can't continue this anymore. If Ingrid still wish to live and obtain that wish, she needs to take that visible hard path.