Chapter 21

Hello~ for those who read chapter 19-25 before the revision, I suggest that you read chapter 19 first before this.

And btw, I tweaked Rembrandt's character a bit. so if you found his action or thoughts abought Ingrid off and you don't like to reread the entire story, then ez, just go with the flow~  lol.

Thank  you for the patience everyone! Here you go~ And I hope to hear your thoughts about the revision! *heart *heart

---

Okay, Ingrid knew she can't avoid the man forever. They are living in the same house, so of course, their paths were bound to meet.

One best word to describe the atmosphere would be: awkward. Throughout the dinner, she never raised her head and dared to meet Rembrandt's scorching gaze.

Come on, Ingrid. It's just a kiss, what is this act for, it's not even your first time for God's sake!

She thought she can calmly pass the aftermath, however, when the man in question quietly sat in front of her, surrounded by overbearing aura, she felt like she can't maintain her nonchalant attitude anymore.

Ingrid sneakily bit her lip while chewing her food--which made her grimaced in pain.

Rembrandt heard her hiss, he glanced at her, and said with a reprimanding tone, "You should stop that bad habit of yours."

Ingrid finally look at him in the eyes.

Yeah right, you should just break up with Lu Wen so she wouldn't have anything to think anymore..

But in the end she didn't say anything, and just diverted her attention back to her food.

To make the atmosphere light, Dana's step father started talking with Rembrandt about business. All of their conversation only pass through Ingrid's ears. She was preoccupied with the thoughts of breaking the mc's apart, which have been bugging her for a very very long time.

A week has passed without any significant event---if you don't count how she helplessly watch Rembrandt moving out of their house to begin living in his unit that he bought four years ago.

And inside Ingrid's own room, there sat a box on her bed. Her face was awful while looking at it.

She almost forgot about this thing here. If she recalled it correctly, the agreement was that the parcel should be sent in her house, without fail, two weeks after the transaction.

Ingrid kicked the box out of her bed.

Who are they kidding?! Yes it came her at two but two freaking months since the transaction! Where can she rate?! She'll give them a glaring 1 star!

This is a scam! Definitely a scam!

From her angry kick, the contents of the box spilled on the cold floor. It was books, books of different genres.

She picked a book with a gold cover--where they planned to put all the dugout informations, and began flipping on its pages. After a while, she slammed it down on the coffee table. The vase the quietly sits there swayed hard enough that it almost fell on the floor.

She massaged her head as it starts to throb painfully again. After going over the contents of the book, Ingrid felt like she just read the background of a female lead of a story--ah right, Lu Wen is indeed a female lead of this world.

As expected of a female lead, she had a tragic background. Orphan since young, and when she finally got adopted, a tragedy occurred not long later. However, this tragedy actually led her to find her biological parents. Anyone will think that it was a blessing in disguise, but no. There is a reason why she got orphaned, her mother ran away from home after she was born because of the mistreatment she received from her husband. And now, Lu Wen is back to her always drunk father's ghastly home. She lived her life miserably until she reached 16 and met Rembrandt again--who was her playmate when she was still on the orphanage. And that's when with the help of the male lead, Lu Wen's fortune starts to turn.

Ah, such a tearjerker story. Ingrid would like to sympathize if she's not here to find Lu Wen's faults.

And yes, as expected, she couldn't find one.

Ingrid pulled her hair out frustration. Because of this, her head starts to ache again.

One month from now will be Rembrandt and Lu Wen's engagement party. Because of this, Ingrid is greatly pressured, and she noticed this for a while now, that her constant stress on this matter, is starting to cause a toll on her body.

She will have an occasional headaches if she thinks deeply and probably because of too much stress, for a few nights now, she's been having a nightmare.

In that dream, she saw a 7-years old Dana clutching an arm of a 18-years old Rembrandt as if her life depended on it. And of her mind didn't play with her, then the two of them were inside of the eerie three storey white house that Ingrid saw on a certain portrait before.