Chapter 13 [Edited]

The barista asked for the names to be inputted in the cup. Rembrandt said his name, and before he can even say hers, Ingrid interjected him.

"No need, I will order my own cup."

Their eyes finally met. Rembrandt was gazing down at Ingrid with that deep obsidian eyes of his. He didn't say anything and just let her do whatever she wants.

She rolled her eyes at him, which caused for a corner of his lip to quirk up.

---

Cezna phoned her to inquire about the 'real' reason why they didn't proceeded to the campsite. She didn't buy Ingrid's excuse that Rembrandt suddenly got called for an urgent business.

Ingrid truthfully told her that she too had no idea why. Hence, leading to her, holing inside her room to find the very reason for this.

She searched for any suspicious place she can find on that road. Thanks to the level of technology of this world--which was very similar to Earth, that she was able to found three so far. A non operating gas station, an old dilapidated elementary school, and lastly, a normal two storey white house.

Out of the three, she found the last to be the most intriguing. No reason, she just felt like it was so. The moment her eyes landed on that place's portrait, an ominous feeling crept into her bones.

Sadly, she can't venture this place herself. She need to step on Rembrandt's dead body first.

-

A week has passed and the two's relationship was still awry. Of course, Ingrid had no intention to keep it that way for this long. It was just that Rembrandt seemed to be busy this days that he rarely comes home, so she had no time to make amends.

This infuriate her. The one's at fault here wasn't her, it was supposed to be Rembrandt who's begging on his knees and ask for forgiveness.

One day, Ingrid finally caught that man's shadow. She blocked his path and looked at him with moist eyes that was filled with grievance.

"Do you still hate me? That was the first time that I talked back to you. How much longer do you plan on ignoring me? I promise that I will be a good girl and do what you says..." Ingrid bit her lip to stop herself from crying, yet a lone tear was still able to escape.

Ingrid cringed while doing the act. If not for the mission that she had to complete, she would never let herself act pitifully like this.

Seeing his little sister trying her best to hold her tears, a smile was threatening to slip from his slips. It was unknown whether it was amusement or scorn.

He leaned forward and wiped the tear that landed on her cheek. "Who said that I was angry?" With a soft gaze, he asked.

"T-then, why are you ignoring me for so long?" Of course, Ingrid knew that Rembrandt was not purposely ignoring her. He was just too busy to have the time to be with her.

1002 was floating motionless at the side. The little ball was trying it's best not to express his amazement on Ingrid's acting skills, afraid that he would distract her and break that very image.

If only the system gave it a pair of hands, 1002 would definitely be clapping silently while watching the scene unfolds before it.

How delightful! With a host as talented as her, 1002's future is undoubtedly secured.

In happiness, a giggle escaped from it's lips.

Ingrid heard it, and thankfully didn't get angry. But 1002 didn't know that she was actually keeping tabs in her heart.

Rembrandt took a hold of Ingrid's delicate hands. "I did not. I'm just preparing for something." While saying so, his eyes gleamed in excitement.

Ha. Ingrid thinks that the man forgot that he recently did something awful to her. He ruined her supposed to be fun with her classmates. And now, he dared be merry without bothering to give her an apology first? Just to end this deadlock, she put away her pride first and came crying to his arms for them to find truce.

And yet...

Ingrid let out a smile, "Really? What is it?"

He paused, a small smile appeared on his lips,"I will show you." It was light, pretty, and friendly, however, deep down, Ingrid felt chills within her heart.