Chapter 10

The moment Ingrid clicked the send button, she can't help but let out a sigh of relief. The transaction went well, and the result will be yielded as soon as two weeks from now.

If you haven't guessed it right yet, today's meetup was planned to conduct this transaction safely away from any scrutinizing eyes. With who knows how many bodyguards following her every day, Ingrid can't risk herself by meeting any sketchy guys under their surveillance. If Rembrandt hears any of this, he will probably roast her alive.

The transaction money will be sent under the cover of her buying something from online shop. And the things that were beyond her control will be left to those people. They should know what they were doing, the sum took quite a toll from her. And their job was not that difficult, all she needed from them was an accurate and well-hidden information about Lu Wen.

The Lu Wen in her memories was a soft spoken intelligent woman. She was a talented Architect working under Rembrandt's wing. She's a social butterfly with numerous connections everywhere. Dana once heard that Lu Wen had a hand behind Rembrandt's success—which made their bond stronger, beyond breakable. However, even if this may be the case, Ingrid won't believe anyone would be spotless, entirely living one's life like some holy maiden. Even if Ingrid can't find any skeleton inside Lu Wen's closet, she hoped to discover at least a rat shit behind. This might not be the solution for her dilemma, as the two were a mature and sensible adult who can talk about their problems over a cup of coffee, but it can at least provide something that they can argue about for a meantime. And hopefully, leave some scarring.

---

At exactly 3 AM, 1002 woke Ingrid from her deep sleep with full of unwillingness. This was a job the little guy received from Ingrid—that he abhorred so much but can't find the guts to decline; acting as her living alarm clock. In her previous life, Ingrid, as a working adult was a light sleeper, therefore she doesn't have a hard time waking up. Unfortunately, in this life she possessed the body of a teenager that needs an ample amount of sleep to grow up. It was hard. So she made 1002 to do the glorious job; under the guise of it being useless.

Pulling the travelling bag she prepared beforehand, she left her room after turning off the lights. Before, there was always a maid on standby to cater to her needs. But Ingrid was uncomfortable with the thought of being served upon on her daily needs, so she dismissed those annoying bugs saying that she's already reaching adulthood, it's time for her to get independent, at least just for this small things. Her parents had no qualms about it, in fact, they were happy about this development.

With how delicate her body was and unaccustomed to any kind of hard labor, Ingrid was having a hard time pulling the luggage down the stairs. Sweat were starting to precipitate when suddenly a strong arm obstructed her vision and stole her bag away from her in a swift motion. Ingrid heart skipped a beat, and she assumed that it was because of the shock.

"Why didn't you asked for help." Rembrandt's perfume still lingered on her nose, she lagged for a bit before she was able to construct a reply.

"There was no one to ask for help." She said cutesy, seemingly complaining while pouting.
Rembrandt was already immune to Dana's lovely charm. He just nodded, agreeing to what she said then started pulling her luggage outside.

Ingrid half walked and ran to catch up to Rembrandt's long steps. "There's no need for you to wake up this early just to send me away." She said.

The loyal dog just kept his silence. They stood in front of the main door for a while before a car drove to their way. As a gentleman, Rembrandt opened the rear seat for her. Ingrid was about to say thanks when the words got caught up in her throat after realizing that the man behind her also followed inside after he handed over her luggage to the driver.

"This…"

"Your mom's order."

Ingrid: "!!!"

What the hell no one told her about this. If she knew about this beforehand, she would have prepared a skimpier swimwear!

Ingrid was crying over her long sleeved rash guard and decent swimming shorts. If someone saw her wearing those, who would desire her ah.