Chapter 20

With her permission, the door opened. It was Dana's Mom and Step Dad.

Adrazelle was looking at her daughter worriedly. The married couple was out of country doing business when they heard the news of Dana's intoxication after she came to know about the engagement. A 12-hour flight wasn't enough to stop them from coming home.

Dana's mother is always concerned about her daughter's well being, and knowing how massive Dana's reaction towards the news, she can't help but blame herself.

If she knew, she never had let the little affection her daughter had towards Rembrandt bloom to this extent.

Ingrid failed to realize that Dana's infatuation to her Step Brother was actually known by her entire  family. It's not a surprise actually. After all, every time Dana saw Rembrandt, her eyes always shone with adoration, in which she can't hide from the prying eyes around her. Even Cezna noticed it, how much more for those who lived in the same house with her.

Ingrid was enveloped in a warm embrace. She lifted her head and her eyes came across her Step Dad's understanding gaze.

Uh, folks, she just got drunk, no need to get so emotional.

Of course, Ingrid returned the hug. Her tiny arms snaked around the middle woman's lean back.

"I'm sorry mom." Her voice was low, and made the hug tighter.

"It's okay hun, I understand." Dana's Mom rubbed her hair.

"We'll let this slide this time, however, we hope that this will never happen again. At Least not until you're in the right age, Dana."

Ingrid obidienty nodded her head. "Yes, I promise, Uncle."

Adrazelle smiled sweetly towards Lucian. To Ingrid, this smile of her made her think of an angel coming down the heavens harboring good news from above, however, Adrazelle's next words made Ingrid think again that it was actually the total opposite. It was a daredevil's smile who travalled above to cause havoc to the human race.

"You should talk to Rembrandt and make him live in his own condo, Dear. Him, being here, is unhealthy for Dana." Ingrid's arms froze.

"Yes, I will do that."

Wait. What!

"Wait Mom, it--"

"Shhh. This is for the best hun."

Ingrid was left flabbergasted in her room.

"What just happened?" She asked 1002.

1002: "It seems like, your chances to be with Rembrandt is getting way way way slimmer."

Ingrid feels like crying. Mom, this is not what she wished, ah.

---

Rembrandt's own study room.

Adrazelle was sipping her tea calmly as she listens attentively to the conversation of the father and son duo.

"I can't believe you let a 17-year-old girl drink that much until she collapsed!" Like a thunder, the booming voice of a middle aged man resounded throughout the four corners of the room.

Rembrandt retains his silence, as whatever he will say will only come out as an excuse.

"I'm disappointed in you son." Lucian continued.

"I will apologize for my negligence dad."

"You should." Lucian looked down and rubbed the watch on his wrist. "In between the people here, you know that you should have been the one who takes Dana's well being as a priority."

Rembrandt closed his eyes to hide the darkness hidden within it.

Rembrandt thought that with Lu Wen's help, everything will go smoothly. However, he never considered a big factor in his life--which is 'Dana's' existence, will suddenly play a difficult role in this game.