Chapter 11

Ingrid is with Rembrandt so she can't join her classmates while traveling towards their destination. She took a pillow that was sprawled on the seat as she decided to take a nap since she had nothing else to do.

Rembrandt only had a few hours of sleep. He stayed late to finish the work he needed to do in the following two days while he was away accompanying Dana. His eyes were already closed, he planned to recover some energy while they were still on the road when it again fluttered open after noticing that an additional weight was added on his thigh. There, he saw an unkempt locks of auburn hair spilled over his legs. A smell of strawberry wafted into the air. He inhaled some while he continued drifting himself to sleep.

The pillow was removed not to be used but because it was blocking. Sensing that Rembrandt didn't complain when she used him as a pillow, Ingrid hugged the soft object to her slumber.

The car was gliding in the dark road swiftly. As professional as he was, the driver's sight glued to his front. But if he just took a peek behind, he will see the step siblings intimate position, which was completely harmonious.

---

Rembrandt already taken enough of rest and right now he was holding his mobile.

"Hungry?" Rembrandt asked after he became aware of the continuous movements underneath.

Ingrid's foggy consciousness became clear after hearing that familiar voice. Right, she slept on his lap! She hurriedly checked his thigh to look for some suspicious wet patch. Ingrid let out a deep breath after finding out that there wasn't any. She didn't clearly catch Rembrandt's question so she asked him with, "Ah?"

Ingrid had no idea that she looked really cute at this moment. Her scruffy hair, her puffy lips, and her droopy eyes that were staring straight at him, made Rembrandt's mind go blank for a moment. Then a look of reminisce flashed within his eyes.

Rembrandt can't resist making further mess on Dana's hair. He likes the feeling of someone's soft hair in his hand.

"I said, are you hungry?" he repeated.

Ingrid nodded, then she slapped someone's annoying hand away. Him doing this was really uncomfortable, always putting her on a bad mood.

They were not that far from their journey's end. They were currently in the last city that they will see while on the road. Ingrid saw a fast food chain she had a high opinion of. "Let's eat there!" She beamed.

Her enthusiasm was met with a flat "No."

Oof, who told her to be an underdog! The emperor already decreed, what else can she say!

They ended up eating their breakfast in a humble seafood restaurant. Afterwards they continued their travels. Ingrid was already wide awake, drowsiness totally left her system, leaving her bored enough to die. Thanks God mobile phone existed in this world to relieve it.

Ingrid may be glued to her phone, but she maintains a high level of alertness to her surroundings. She didn't blindly follow the ride. She did her research before they began embarking. Therefore, she got confused after finding out that the car took a reroute to a completely unreasonable path. If they choose this, their trip would be extended for another hour.

She had no idea what's running on Rembrandt's mind. Ingrid chose not to believe that he did this for no reason. There is definitely something about this.

Rembrandt's eyes squinted when a traffic officer signed them to stop. The driver went out, then came back harboring a bad news.

"Sir there was a landslide ahead caused by a heavy rainfall that occurred the other day." Rembrandt's jaw clenched. This was not within his expectation. They were at the countryside where the rounds were only limited. He was contemplating on what to decide at this moment.  After a while, with firm tone he said, "Go back."

Ingrid's fingertips paused. She reacted with a heavy "What?" Yet Rembrandt ignored her. She found this action of his cute before but right now his silence made her snap.

There is something going on. Rembrandt's very presence in this trip is fishy. The feeling of being kept under the dark was something she doesn't wish to experience ever again. She doesn't want to stay indifferent while something was happening under her nose because of something like trust. Ingrid put her phone down. Her gaze was fiery when she told the driver, "No Mister don't heed him. There was still another route available right? You go there."  

"Dana." Rembrandt warned with a heavy breath.

"NO!" Ingrid was already overwhelmed by her emotions. She's forgetting where she was and who she was right now.  1002 was shocked by this development. He wasn't able to react in time, and when the situation finally occurred to him, everything was already like this.

1002 floated in between the two. Then screamed in front of Dana with all of its might.

1002: "OOC!"

Ingrid's eyes widened when her reason finally came back.

One thought.

Fuck.