Chapter 5

Small Timeskip:

(Y/N)'s POV:

Nico and I have been walking for a little while now. We only encountered a few beowolves here and there. I can sense Lily is nearby and that's she's with another person and it's a........ girl?

Nico: Hey, how long until we *yawns* find your sister? I feel like I'm gonna fall asleep any second. 

I ignored him while I tried to concentrate on her exact location. 

She's two kilometers up ahead!

(Y/N): Come on, I found her.

Nico: Finally!

I roll my eyes and start walking, leaving him to catch up.

Lily's POV:

Valerie and I are walking through the forest when we stopped in front of a cave.

Val: Is this the place Ozzie was talking about?

Lily: I think so, let's go find out.

We walk in and see a bunch of different chess pieces. I reached for a black Queen piece when I sense my brother behind me.

Lily: It's about time you got here.

(Y/N): Apologies. I got caught up and ran into this guy. Speaking of which....

Nico: Sup, I'm Nico and I'm sleepy. *yawns* Can we hurry this up, please?

Val: Do you always seem to be this tired?

Nico: Only after just waking up.

Val gives him a weird look.

Lily: Oh, (Y/N) this is Valerie. Val, this is my twin brother, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Hey.

Val: Nice to meet you, (Y/N).

(Y/N): Likewise.

Nico: Well, now that we got introductions out the way, grab a stupid chess piece and let's go.

I quickly grab the chess piece and we head out the cave. We make it out when we hear an extremely loud screech.  

Come right at us are 2 Manticores, 5 Ursas, and 10 beowolves including ana Alpha. (Idk which ones are which or if these are even right but I remember these from other RWBY stories so please bear with it.)

Val: Oh, this is going to be fun.

Nico: *sigh* I'm never gonna be able to take a nap. 

I summon my bow and aim it towards the manticore. I smile to myself.

This should be interesting!

(Y/N)'s POV:

Upon seeing the Grimm, I summon my double-sided scythe. Without turning around,

(Y/N): Nico, Val, long-range or close combat?

Nico: Long.

Val: Both.

(Y/N): OK, Nico, Lily, take down the manticores. Val, beowolves, I got the Ursas. 

V/L: OK.

Nico: *Groans*

No One's POV:

(I've never written a fight/battle scene so please bear with me.)

Valerie charges the beowolves and they swarm her, so she takes out her rifle (the one she's holding in the picture) and starts firing, effectively killing 9 out of the 10, leaving only the Alpha who isn't happy about her slaughtering his pack. She puts away her rifle and pulls out her twin guns while smiling with a crazy look in her eyes as she sprints towards the Alpha. When she gets close, she starts shooting but the Alpha dodges the ongoing bullets so she switches to close combat. As they near each other they both leap in the air and she decapitates the Alpha. It turns into dust before it hits the ground. Afterward, she decides to sit and wait for the others.