Chapter 9 ~ Hayden

I went up to Harry and Gary that day after school had ended.  "What the hell is your problem?" I asked and they looked at me like I was crazy.  "What are you talking about?" Harry asked and my jaw clenched, "The Alexanders." I spoke and they chuckled,  "Oh, them. The 'Outcasts'."

My breathing became ragged as I swung at Harry, whose face went to the side as he spit out blood. "What the hell is your problem?!" Gary asked, pushing me back. "You," I pointed at Harry, "--stay away from the Alexanders," I told him before looking at Gary, "And that goes for you too."

I smirked before punching Gary, "And that's for touching Hailey." I said before letting Carson drag me away from them.  "Are you out of your mind?!" He asked, giving me a light push. He didn't know about the little moment Hailey and I had.

"Nope." I grinned cheekily at him and he rolled his eyes as Jacob Fauglid, Michaela Thompson, Coach Thompson, Maya Wheeler and Madison came up to us.  "Thanks for that." Jake smiled and I shrugged, "No problem."

"Do you think Hailey'll be okay by Friday?" Coach Thompson asked nobody in particular and Jake, Ela and Maya scoffed, rolling their eyes.  "When has Hailey ever let you down?" Maya asked.  "She'll be fine, Dad." Ela assured him and he nodded.

"Okay, we should get going." Mad said, bidding a Goodbye to the others.  "Okay and tell Hail that I can't be her Homecoming Date." Jake chuckled and I nodded, as we headed off home.

---

"Stop Zay!" Hailey was laughing as we entered the house with the rest of the Alexander kids.  "Saiah, leave the girl alone." Brad smiled at his sister before heading into the kitchen. Isaiah frowned before he stopped tickling Hailey, who scrambled to get up but was pulled back down by Isaiah so she was seated on his lap.

"Hey." Rae nodded at her big sister who waved back at her.  "Hail?" Maddie asked and Hailey seemed surprised that Madison talked to her but she grinned, "Yeah?"

"Um, Jake said that he can't be your Homecoming Date." Mad told her and she laughed along with a few other people. Hailey shook her head taking out her phone and putting it to her mouth, probably sending a voice message.

"Wil you combine elements with me at Hydrogen, Carbon?" She asked before sending and a second later she received a voice message.  "You're the best Chem partner ever. Of course I'll go to Homecoming with you." Jake's voice said and Hail rolled her eyes,  "Two timer." She sent.

"Besides you already promised to go with me." Isaiah pouted and Hail covered her face with her hands, "Zay, don't say that ever again." She mumbled and he nodded,  "Agreed." Blaze handed Hailey a pile of books and she sighed while Dallas gave Isaiah some books.

"Come on, come on, girl. Why you fronting? Baby, show me something." Isaiah sang and Hailey smiled,  "When I call her, she gon' leave. And I bet that bottom dollar she gon' cheat." She continued, grabbing a pen and the first book off the pile and started writing.

"You'll never believe what newbie did just now." Dallas asked and Hailey glanced at me before back at her brother and shrugging.  "Tu chico aquí, golpeó Gary y Harry." He spoke fluent Spanish and Hailey's mouth formed an O shape and Isaiah whooped.

"Oh. You should've seen it." Rocky exclaimed, jumping up and down.  "Do your homework!" Carrie and Hailey called and Rocky groaned, going upstairs.

-------

"You ready for Friday?" Isaiah asked nobody in particular and the two girls cheered.  "Yes! I've got all the cheers off!" Kayla said and she had a huge smile on her face.  "Of course you do." Hailey said and Isaiah kissed her cheek repeatedly.  "Zay." she said, putting her hand on his chest and lightly pushing him.