Chapter 11 ~ Hayden

"So, do y'all always do this?" I asked no-one in particular,  "Yeah. It's kind of a tradition." Brad answered me and I nodded, putting my arm around Maddie.  "Okay, so first we have -- Cody, singing All Of The Stars, by Ed Sheeran." Lloyd announced, as Cody started strumming his guitar.

One thing I noticed about this family, is that they all have guitars.

"And finally Hailey and Dallas, with Broken Strings!"

"Let me hold you, for the last time."  Dallas started as he strummed his guitar.

I don't think I've ever met another musical family -- Other than Carson, Maddie and I -- but now that I have.. Wow.

I really loved all their voices, because sometimes they were so different and sometimes they harmonized, but it was beautiful. 

I stared at Hailey as she started singing, as she looked down at her fingers that were strumming,  "Oh, what are we doing? We are turning into dust."

I caught my bottom lip in between my teeth and played with it.  "That was amazing!" Maddie exclaimed after they were finished which was strange because she was a quiet girl.  "Mads, you okay?" Carson and I asked in unison but she just nodded before smirking and standing up.

"Hey can I ask a question?" She asked and I sat up properly,  "Madison Leigh-Anne Renesmee, what are you doing?" I quickly asked but she just winked at me.

" 'Course you can, hermosa." Hailey smiled at her, holding her guitar up.  "Um, well, Hayden was saying how he wouldn't sing this song. But since it is karaoke night, I was wondering if he could sing--"

"Renesmee, don't you dare finish that sentence." I cut her off, grabbing her wrist, but my sister just ignored me.  "Thinking Out Loud, by Ed Sheeran?" She asked and I groaned, pulling her down onto my lap. I buried my face in her neck, not liking to be put on the spot.

"Por supuesto que puede bebé! Usted y Carson puede cantar también, si usted quisiera?" Carrie sweetly said.  "Carrie, if they wanted to sing then they would ask." Hailey, Kayla and Grayson told their sister who put up her hands in mock surrender.

"Hail, Blaze, KJ and Dal, go get ready for Hayden's performance." Carrie and Lloyd instructed and they nodded, going upstairs.  "Do you have a guitar?" Rae asked me and I licked my lips nodding, "Yeah. It's upstairs."

She grinned at me, showing her dimples, "Well then go get it!"

I smiled at her before heading up to get my guitar.

---

"Okay. Hail, when Hayden starts, y'all come down in your pairs." Brad said and Hailey called back a quick reply before I started.

{{ PLAY SONG @ THE SIDE!! }}

"When your legs don't work like they used to before. And I can't sweep you off of your feet. Will your mouth still remember the taste of my love? Will your eyes still smile from your cheeks?"

I sang as the four came downstairs, the girls wearing beautiful white dresses like the girl in the music video while the boys were in suits. Then since the chairs were pushed back to make a dance floor, around me, they started dancing.

"And, darling, I will be loving you 'til we're seventy. And, baby, my heart could still fall as hard at twenty-three. And I'm thinking 'bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways. Maybe just the touch of a hand. Well, me, I fall in love with you every single day. And I just wanna tell you I am."

"So, honey now. Take me into your loving arms. Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars. Place your head on my beating heart. I'm thinking out loud, that maybe we found love right where we are."

"When my hair's all but gone and my memory fades. And the crowds don't remember my name. When my hands don't play the strings the same way. Mhmm. I know you will still love me the same.

'Cause honey your soul could never grow old, it's evergreen. And, baby, your smile's forever in my mind and memory. I'm thinking '  bout how people fall in love in mysterious ways. And maybe it's all part of a plan. Well, I'll just keep making the same mistakes, hoping that you'll understand."

"But, baby, now! Take me into your loving arms. Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars. Place your head on my beating heart. I'm thinking out loud, that maybe, we found love right where we are, oh."

"Ah la la, la la la, la la la, la la la la."

I strummed as I looked around and saw the two pairs dancing, just like Ed and Brittany did in the song.

"So, baby, now. Take me into your loving arms. Kiss me under the light of a thousand stars. Oh, darling, place your head on my beating heart! I'm thinking out loud, That maybe we found love right where we are. And baby, we found love right where we are. And we found love right where we are."

I ended as the pairs lay on the ground. I sighed as everyone around us clapped and I also heard some hollering -- that obviously came from Carson.

I softly chuckled.  "Hey, who wants to go to Chipotle?" Brad exclaimed, "Except Hailey." He added a second later which made Hail laugh as she stood up from her final position. Everyone nodded or accepted the offer and they all left.

Except for Hailey and I. Hailey had disappeared upstairs somewhere so I just started strumming on my guitar,  "Yeah, it's pretty clear, she ain't no size two. But she can shake it, shake it -- Like she's supposed to do." I sang, speeding the song up.

" 'Cause she got that boom boom that all the boys chase. And all the right junk in all the right places. We see them magazines working that photoshop, we know that it ain't real, come on now make it stop."

"If you got beauty beauty, just raise 'em up. 'Cause every inch of you is perfect, from the bottom to the top. Yeah my Father he told me don't worry about their size. He said boys like a little more booty to hold at night. You know I don't want no stick figure silicone barbie doll. So if that's what you are then please go 'head and move along." I sang.

"She's bringing booty back! Go 'head and tell all them lovesick boys that. Nah, I'm just playin'. I know y'all think you're fat, but I'm here to tell you. Every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top."

Suddenly there was clapping and I stopped playing, gazing up at Hailey, who was smiling at me.  "C'mere." I said, putting my guitar safely on the ground as she walked over to me.  "Come on." I smiled up at her as I held my arms out.

She hesitantly walked up to me and sat on my lap.  "You were really good." We both spoke after a few minutes before laughing.

"Can I ask you a weird question?" Hailey asked, shifting so her legs were on either side of me and I nodded.  "Can you kiss me again?" She asked, moving so that her hands we on my shoulders.  "I'd love to." I softly said before wrapping my arms around her and pulled her closer to me.

And once my lips touched hers, I was gone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What Hailey Came Downstairs Wearing Is @ The Side!!

Birthday S/O To;;

Usher (36), Rowan Blanchard (13// Girl Meets World), Max Thieriot (26// The Pacifier, Bates Motel),  Shona Mcgarty (23// EASTENDERS), Joey Travolta (64)

I'm Only Shouting Out To Joey Travolta, because I love John Travolta ((His Younger Brother))