fifteen

"Are you going to Joel's party?" Harry asked all of sudden, turning around just as he was about to open the front door.

I gave him a little shrug. "I'll have to. You?" I asked. It wasn't like I had many options, it would've surely been considered weird if I hadn't gone, besides, after the way had reacted, I knew I needed to talk to her. We were friends after all, I couldn't just stop talking to her because she didn't approve of me kissing Harry. We would've needed to talk about it at some point, and the sooner, the better.

"I am" he said with a little nod, staring at me for a couple of seconds before adding something else. "We aren't going together."

I sent him a confused glance, not having expected him to say something like that. "I thought you said I should just ignore my friends and what they want me to do" I replied. I couldn't understand why he didn't want to go with me - it wasn't like I would've ever asked him, anyway, but it still puzzled me, considering that he'd been the one to convince me to do whatever I wanted.

"I do, but I'm not stupid" he told me, as if his words couldn't have got even more confusing.

"I don't understand" I admitted, looking down at his hand, that was still on the handle of the door.

"Good" he simply replied, seeming to think about something before continuing. "You should meet me on the balcony at midnight, though."

I raised an eyebrow, giving him a sceptical look. "Should I?"

He rolled his eyes at my rhetorical question. "If you don't I'll come get you and drag you outside personally" he told me, sounding way more honest than he probably should've. "Yeah, even if you're talking to that little blondie."

I widened my eyes at his words, and for a second I wondered if I should've answered to the threat, or to the way he'd called Callie. "You wouldn't dare" I ended up saying.

"Don't try me."

I sighed, putting my hand on the door to shut it, as he'd inadvertently opened it while we were speaking. "At midnight?"

He hummed, staring me down for a few seconds, and for an instant I almost believed he would've kissed me again. He didn't, though. "On the balcony" he repeated.

"Which balcony?" I asked him just to annoy him, even though I perfectly knew he was talking about the one we'd chatted on some time before.

"You know which balcony."

I laughed. "Okay" I finally gave in, knowing that he would've had to leave soon if I didn't want Amelie to come home and see him.

My laugh died in my throat when he raised his hand and gently brushed my cheek with his fingers, staring down at my mouth as he grazed my bottom lip with his thumb. "Keep to your word, thunderstorm" he then said, opening the door and getting out of my flat, quickly disappearing down the stairs and leaving me in front of my still opened door, my lips slightly parted and the warmth created by the tenderness of his touch still in my chest.

I shook my head after a few seconds, realising that I'd been frozen on the spot for more seconds than I would've deemed acceptable and closing the door.

The next few hours went by quicker and tenser than I would've liked, especially when Amelie came back home and I was forced to hide away in my room not to have to talk to her. Honestly, having a roommate is great until it's someone you don't really like.

I'd surrendered to the possibility that I would've had to go to Joel's party on my own - as Indigo didn't seem to be interested in anything regarding me in that moment - when I got a text message.