thirty

Unfortunately, our idea of talking to Indigo vanished into thin air after dinnertime, when we came to terms that, no matter how long we tried, she seemed not to want to answer to her phone.

She'd indeed answered at some point, but she'd just told me she wasn't able to talk since Callie had apparently decided it would've been a good idea to show up at her house, and then she'd stopped answering altogether - understandably so.

"What do we do now?" I asked, frowning. How were we supposed to decide what to do without having talked to Indigo first? Harry could be good at finding solutions, but he wasn't as deep into that situation as Indigo was. He could only do so much.

He pursed his lips, moving his green eyes away from me. "I am going somewhere later tonight."

"Where are you going?" I asked him quickly. I hadn't even thought of the possibility of us not spending the evening together at his house after everything that had happened.

"None of your concern, Raine" he said, a bit quicker than he should've not to make it sound suspicious. "You can stay here, I'll be back soon."

I furrowed my eyebrows. How could he even think I would've let him do that? "Not a chance, Harry. Have you even listened to me? Joel's gone mad, you aren't going out alone."

"Raine, please."

I shook my head. "No, Harry. Please, listen to me" I told him, stepping closer to him, "If you're going out, I'm coming with you. And there's nothing you can do to change my mind."

He sighed, rolling his eyes and looking away. "Dress nice" he murmured walking past me, and I turned around to follow him with my gaze.

"What?"

"We're going to a nightclub" he stated, as if it was a perfectly normal decision on his side.

"Are you kidding me? We just found out Joel killed someone else and you want to go to a nightclub?!" I exclaimed, not believing what he was saying.

He clenched his teeth, his jawline becoming sharper for a few seconds. "It wasn't my decision."

"What does that mean?" I asked him, furrowing my eyebrows. Had someone told him to do that? If that was it, who was it? Was it Joel, or Callie, or someone else I didn't even know?

"Stop asking so many questions" Harry told me quickly, shutting off my thoughts with the determined tone of his voice. "Just do as I say for once, okay?"

"I-" I started to say, but he interrupted me.

"Raine, please" he pleaded, sounding tired, "I never beg for anything, but please. Listen to me and do as I say this time."

I looked away from him crossing my arms over my chest. I didn't like to be told what to do, and he knew it. But I knew that if he was telling me that there had to be a reason, so I refrained from trying to argue with him. "Okay" I conceded, and he gave me a nod.

"Thank you." He took a book from his little bookshelf, opening it and seeming to be taking something out of it, scanning it with attentive eyes.

"I want to know what's going on, though" I told him, walking closer to him and frowning when he slammed the book shut before I could see what was in there.

"You will, but on its own time" he said quickly, putting it back in its place and nonchalantly sliding something into the pocket of his black jeans.

I took a deep breath, the secretiveness of his actions making me nervous. "I don't like this. The last time you acted like this, all hell broke loose" I let him know.