Hostage

~ Three month after Mr. Big.~

~Jayden

I was flying around Malcom City looking for anything out of the ordinary. When I came across Dark Shadow was sitting on the roof.  I flew down next to him. 

"Hey, Dark Shadow. What are you doing?" I asked, landing down next him.

"Nothing much just waiting for something  to happen before I turn in," Dark Shadow said, looking up at me.

"Okay but what exactly are you waiting for?" I asked, sitting down next to him.

"I don't know," He said, leaning back on his hand. 

"So, just waiting  for anything,"  I said, smiling at him.

"Yep,"  Dark Shadow said, looking up watching the sun set.

"You like watching the sun set?" I asked him.

"Yeah, it's calming,"  he sighed, closing his eyes.

"Your right, it's calming," I sighed, "I wished I could just stay here."

"Yeah, same here. Wait I got an idea.  I could stop it for an hour," Dark Shadow suggested.

"Wait. You could do that? Since when?" I asked, looking at him stun.

"Since I was born. I guess," he said, shrugging his shoulders, "But it will take a day to recover."

"Well that cool and sucks at the same time," I said, looking at the skyline.

"Yeah but with that much power there are always side effect to them," Dark Shadow said, "Well I better get going."

I waved bye to Dark Shadow.  I watch him disappear into the darkness of dusk. I was disappointed that he could stay longer but I have to go do my homework anyways.

~Carter

I left Lightming Prince on the roof that I was on. I ended up in a random alley beside the bank. I heard people coming out of the bank with ski masks on. They took them off without noticing me. I quickly made my way out of the alley until I felt someone grab my wrist.

"Not so fast pretty boy," One of them said. I kicked him in the leg and took off before another one grab me.

"Let me go or you will regret it," I threaten.

"What will you do?" they asked, chuckling a bit. I sighed and looked up to see Lightning Prince.

"HELP ME! LIGHTNING PRINCE!" I screamed, grabbing the attention of the hero. He saw me and flew down in front of me and those guys.

"Release the kid," Lighting Prince ordered.

"Not a chance. He's going to be our ticket out," They laughed. I felt like I should do something but I can't get exposed not here. And not with him here.

"Release him or get one billion volts of electricity going threw your body," Lightning Prince threaten.

"Wow scary," They mocked. I heard a buzzing noise. I push myself away from the criminals and into Lightning Prince.

"Are you okay, Carter?" he asked.

"Yeah, I'm good thank you," I thanked my hero.

"Anytime," Lightning Prince smiled, grabbing his phone and calling the police. I sat there with him because the police going to need my statement.  I heard the serine coming towards us. I looked up at him and sighed, "Tired?" he asked.

"No," I said, looking at the police cars pulling up to us.

"Lightning Prince, why did you call?" One of the officers asked.

"Bank robbery and hostage situation. Don't worry I already took care of it. I just need you to take these guys in and here the hostage slash victim," Lightning Prince said, taking off. I told the police everything I know.

"Okay thank you. Now, we are going to take you home," The officer said.

"It's okay. I can walk home," I said started to walk home.  I made it to my block with no problems.  I got to the door steps of the house when I heard a crash. I open the door to see my father holding a knife to my mother throat. I pushed him off of her. I got stabbed in my shoulder. I looked at my mom to see her smiling.

"Goodbye and good riddance," She chuckled. My father stabbed me in my other shoulder. I screamed and disappear again into the shadowy void. I reappear in on the roof top of where and Lightning Prince talked.

"He can help me right but I need to get his attention first," I said to myself. I changed into Dark Shadow. I shot out a fear waved over the small part of the city that was close to the building, "I hope this draws his attention," I prayed.