Get to Know You

~Jayden

It's been a month since Carter aka Dark Shadow, told me truth. I just don't understand why he told me but he knows about me. So, I guess that make us even. I walked back to my HQ to see someone was sitting outside the door. I walked slowly towards them. It was Carter.

"Carter, are you okay?" I asked him.

"Is that offer still up," Carter asked.

"Yeah, of course it is," I said, opening the door. Carter got up slowly and walked in. I followed him. I noticed that Carter is limping a bit," Carter, are you sure you okay?" I asked placing a bag of food down.

"No," he said, taking off his jacket.

"Do you want to talk about it?" I asked, walking towards him.

"No," Carter mumbled.

"Okay but if you needed to talk you. I'll always be here to listen," I smiled at Carter.

"Thanks, Jayden," he said.

~Carter

I can't believe I came back here again but it's the only place I know that would be safe. I'm tired of fighting. My parents are worthless. I have no friends and I'm falling in love with the hero, Lightning Prince. Can anything else be screwed up?

"Carter, I know that you don't want to be a hero or a villain but you could be anti- hero," Jayden suggested.

"I don't think I'll be any good," I said, looking down at the floor.

"I'll a sure you'll be fine," he smiled at  me. I really want to tell him everything but is it a good idea. I'm not sure but I do need help cleaning my new wounds.

"Jay, Can you help me getting my wounds clean?" I asked sheepishly.

"Yeah of course I can," Jayden said, grabbing the first aid kit. I walked over to the medic room. I sat on the table waiting for Jayden to come in, "Carter, I was wondering if you got a lair?"

"No, I don't," I said.

"Do you want one?"

"Why would I need one? I can change in and out of my costume at anytime and any place," I said

"Really? How?" Jayden asked.

"My powers allow me to," I said.

"Can you show me?" he asked, eyes widen. I was confused.

"Um... Sure," I said, "Give me your hand,"

"Okay," Jayden said, grabbing my hand. I let my power flow around us. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I opened my eyes seeing Jayden totally memorized.

"So, what do you think?" I asked him.

"I- I don't have any words," he said, completely shocked.

"You are the only person that I brought with me through my shadows," I said, rubbing the back my neck.

"Really? How about the other villains?" Jayden asked.

"No. I tell them to met me there but they don't know I could travel through my shadows," I said, sitting on the roof of a building.

"You brought us to the building were we first talked," he remembered.

"Yeah," I said, looking at the skyline. I heard my phone go off. I looked down it was Dr. Vine. I answered it.

"Dark Shadow. I need your help to take down a hero," Dr. Vine said.

"Sorry. I'm in a middle of something maybe another time," I said, looking over at Jayden, who looked at me confused.

"Alright. It's your lost," Dr. Vine said, hanging up the phone.

"So, who was that?" Jayden asked.

"Dr. Vine," I said, putting my phone back in my pocket.

"What did he want?" he asked.

"Help to take down a hero. I told him I was in a middle of something," I said, looking back at the skyline.

"Which hero?" Jayden asked.

"I don't know. I didn't asked," I said, looking over at Jayden.

"Okay but we should get back. You need some rest from those injuries," he said, helping me to stand up.

"Okay," I said, closing my eyes and thought of the HQ. We made back to Jayden's HQ.

"Carter you should go get some sleep," Jayden suggested.

"I going," I said walking off to one of the spare rooms. I got into bed and fell asleep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~