Chapter Five-What are we?

It had been a week. Riley and I haven't really talked about the kiss which is starting to frustrate me. Having enough of his silence I picked up my phone to see if he would answer. On the last ring he picked up.

"Riley I really need to talk to you," I exclaimed in a rush "can you come over?"

"Sure..." he replied before hanging up the phone sounding unsure.

***

A few minutes later he was standing at my front door, his hair is swept to the side and his hands are in his pockets.

"H-hey," I said a little nervous.

"Hi," he said in return brightly.

***

I invited him in and we walked to my room. Closing the door I asked him "What are we?"

"Humans?" He replied sarcastically trying to act dumbfound.

I rolled my eyes playfully shaking my head slightly. Riley walked closer to me so there was nearly no distance between us. "What do you want us to be," he whispered timidly.

"I'd like it for you to be my boyfriend," I replied wanting to kiss and hug him again.

Riley reached out to hold my hands in his, we stood there for a while just holding hands. Just freezing the moment and being us, because we both know his answer will change our friendship forever.

"I'd like it for you to be my boyfriend too," he answered taking a deep breath and looking deeply into my eyes.

I closed the distance by kissing him softly. As the kiss grew it got more heated, with his arms gripping around my waist and my arms wrapped around his neck. We pulled each other closer wanting to savour each others touch not wasting another moment. Fiery sparks lit up my whole body with joy and love. Every touch made my heart race.

We eventually had to pull away to breathe. Our foreheads stayed resting on each other as we smiled.

"So are we boyfriends?" I asked grinning.

"Yes," he said blushing slightly. I looked deeply into my lovely boyfriends eyes. He's so perfect.

***

We sat down on my bed and talked for hours whilst watching funny vine compilations on YouTube in an embrace. Riley is my boyfriend, every time I think that a ginormous grin spreads across my face. He's my boyfriend and I couldn't be happier.

"What are you smiling about?" Riley asked looking up at me.

"Thinking about us," I replied placing a soft kiss on his lips.

"What about us?" He teased blushing slightly.

"About how lucky I am to have you," I replied sheepishly.

"Aww I've made you turn all soppy. Next I'll get you thinking everyone is a lizard," He said in jest.

"Way to ruin a moment," I retorted rolling my eyes playfully.

"You know I just made in 100% better," he said grinning then placed a chaste kiss on my lips.

"Yeah," I agreed giving him another kiss pulling away smiling.

***

I heard the front door open and close.

"Archie I'm home," mum called to him up the stairs.

Riley and I got up going downstairs to see my mum.

"Oh hi Riley. Archie I don't suppose you can help me unpack the shopping," Mum said coming over hugging me.

"M-mum cant b-breath," I said struggling to get out of her tight hug.

"Sorry baby I missed you, you're always in your room," Mum said ruffling my hair.

"Mum," I groaned embarrassed. I turned around to look at Riley who was in a hysterics of laughter.

"Aww you'll always be my baby," she said pinching my cheeks.

I must have been in my room a lot for her to turn into crazy mode. Making a mental note I decided either I live in my room or go downstairs more often. I decided the second one.

***

Riley and I hung out more and decided we aren't going to tell my mum and sister yet because our relationship is new. So for now it's going to be our little secret although I probably will tell them soon because I'm terrible at keeping secrets.

————

Thank you if you have read this chapter. Sorry that this part is so short.

:)