Chapter Nine-Friends

I woke up being the little spoon. Riley's arm is wrapped around me and my back is pressed against his chest. Carefully I removed his arm from me getting up and changing in my back up uniform that I keep around his house. I've always kept it here just in case of emergency sleepovers.

Looking at Riley I love how cute he is when his sleeping. His hair is a plastered mess on his face and he has small, quiet, little snores that somehow aren't annoying.

I don't like having to do this.

I love it.

Jumping on top of Riley so he screams awake.

"Aaahh get off me," he said acting grumpy but he had a slight smirk which gave him away. Trying and failing to shrug me off of him.

"You need to get up," I retorted calmly trying to act stern.

He instead placed a soft kiss on my lips pulling me closer.

"I don't want to get up," he exclaimed with puppy dog eyes.

"Nor do I but we need to go to school you know so we can get or GCSE's and have further education," I replied rolling my eyes playfully "Oh and remember we're coming out to our friends today."

We laced hands just laying there for a few minutes. I placed another chaste kiss on his lips then got back up.

***

Riley finally got up and got dressed then we both headed downstairs for food.

"Good morning boys," Riley's mum said smiling brightly.

"Morning," I replied with a grin.

We both sat down at the table grabbing some toast and spreading some butter on it. Riley's mum sat down along with his dad who had just grabbed himself a cup of coffee.

"So what did you two get up to when we were out?" Riley's mum said making conversation.

"Not much, we ordered some pizza," I replied shrugging.

"Yeah and watched some TV," Riley added with a slight blush.

"If I were a teenager left alone for most of an evening I would of been partying and inviting all the hot girls from school over," Riley's dad said with a chuckle.

"Dad," Riley groaned in embarrassment.

"But see we can't do that, one we're not popular and two we're gay we don't want hot girls," I reply laughing.

"Touché," he responded smiling.

"You guys are so weird," Riley exclaimed grabbing another slice of toast.

***

We got to school and headed to first lesson because my lovely boyfriend made us late by not getting up on time. Well that and I started to have an in-depth discussion on the best way to make a cup of tea with Riley's mum.

First lesson is history which I find boring. Although having Riley sit next to me is kind of fun.

"Hey Riley," I whispered prodding him with my pen until he turns to look at me.

"What!" He hissed annoyed whilst trying to whisper-shout.

"I love you," I replied with a smirk.

"I love you too. Now do your work," he ordered pointing his pen to my open book but chuckled slightly with a smirk.

"Yes sir," I responded jokingly.

***

At lunch Riley and I walk to our usual table where our friends are already sat at.

"Hi guys,"

"Hi guys,"

Riley and I said in unison. I sat down with Riley next to me.

"We have something we need to tell you," Riley said replying to their greetings.

"Okay go ahead," Rose responded with Porter and Sam nodding in agreement.

I looked over at Riley with a nervous smile, he smiled nodding in return for me to speak.

"So as you know Riley and I have been friends for ages-" I started to say before I got rudely cut off by my gorgeous boyfriend who I love dearly.

"Get to the point," he huffed with an amazing smile.

"Basically we're gay," I replied bluntly.

"And we're in a relationship," Riley added with a grin.

"I'm happy for you guys," Porter said with a smile.

"Dude that's fantastic," Sam responded.

I looked over to Rose who is blushing and looking down.

"Rose are you okay?" I asked worriedly.

"Yeah I'm happy for you guys really I am. I just feel stupid for hitting on you a few months ago," Rose admitted.

"Don't worry about it. A few months ago I didn't even realise I am gay," I responded a little embarrassed.

She gave me a small smile.

After that, we carried on talking and laughing like nothing had happened. Which is good because I didn't want the whole coming out thing to be a big deal. I realised that no matter what happens as long as I have my friends and my boyfriend and I will be happy. This makes me glad, I'm happy that I can be myself with the guy I love and no one or anything could ever change that. I fell for my best friend and he fell for me. If only we'd known maybe it could have happened sooner.

I've also realised it doesn't matter what people will think of me or us as long as I have the people I love surrounding me.

-------

Thank you so much if you have read this story. If you enjoyed this I have other stories on my profile and more to come.

This is the end of this one.

:)