Barry's Mother

Iris: I was waiting for you to bring Barry home

All of the women, and some of the men (Joe and Barry) cooed at the young Iris West.

Joe: Looks like he's going to be staying with us for a while.

Thawne: Barry, what you're seeing now is the Speed Force: your past, your present, your future all at once. So you need to focus on where you want to go. So think about... that night. Think about your mother.

"Why is Dr. Wells in a cell?" Cisco questioned. "And how does he know what the hell a 'Speed Force' is? And how to apparently travel in time?"

Henry: Time for bed. Good night, Slugger.

Barry: Mom!

Thawne: It's working.

"What's working?!" Everyone was basically shouting at that point.

Stein: Inject the hydrogen particle now.

"Who the hell is that guy?!"

Iris: What's that? What happened?

Caitlin: Barry... he's gone.

"Gone?!" Everyone shouted.

"Hold on," Caitlin started, "Is that Ronnie? He's not dead?"

"Huh," Oliver grunted, "He kind of looks like my cousin."

Cisco: Look.

"What is that?" Dig asked.

"It's a wormhole," Felicity answered.

Stein: The wormhole, and it's stable. Start the clock.

"Why is there a wormhole and why does it seem like they want it there?"

No one was answering as no one had any answers to give.

Henry and Nora saw where the blur of their son's form was heading and questioned, "Why is Barry going to our home?"

Young Barry: Mom!

"Why is Barry shouting for me? What's happening?" Nora questioned the other viewers. No one would answer her. Nora and Henry, and most everyone else, gasped in shock at what was happening to the Nora on the screen.

Henry: Nora! Hold on! Run, Barry, run!

"What?" Barry questioned, "I have the chance to save her and he, I'm, telling myself not to?"

Nora: Barry! No! [Stabbed]

"Barry," Nora moved and pulled her son into a hug. As soon as her arms were around the young man his composure seemed to shatter and tears, gut-wrenching sobs, began to tear out of him. He clung to his mother and Henry moved to his other side, surrounding the man into a loving, parental embrace. One that he had not experienced for years.

Barry: Hey. It's okay. You're okay.

Nora: Please, my husband, my son, are they...

"He's giving her closure," Oliver whispered. "He's allowing her to go in peace, without worry."

Barry: They're okay. They're both safe. I promise.

Nora: Who are you?

Barry: I'm... I'm the Flash.

Nora: I don't understand. You look just like my father.

Barry: This won't make any sense, but it's me, Mom. It's Barry.

Nora: Barry? Oh, my beautiful boy.

Barry: I got a second chance to come back here and...tell you that I'm okay. Dad and I are both okay. And we love you, Mom.

"You shouldn't have had to relive this, you shouldn't have had to live it a first time," Iris stated firmly.

Nora: I love you. Oh, my sweet boy. Bye, good-bye. Good-bye, Barry.

Barry: Mom. Mom. [Sobbing]

No one moved, allowing the small family to comfort each other after the horrific truth of what happened hit them all. 

mwanamke2. "The Flash 1x23 Barry Goes Back In Time." Youtube, 19 May. 2015, youtube.com/watch?v=GOEqtcQkHsg.