Message Again

It took a while for everyone to mentally prepare for the next video, but they all eventually were ready.

Barry: Hey.

Iris: Now I know what my dad meant when he said being a parent is like wearing your heart on the outside of your body.

"It's true," Joe stated. "You have to."

Barry: Yeah. Thawne got away. Again. Nora's gone. Should feel like a loss but, I also feel...

Iris: Pride?

Barry: Pride, yeah.

Iris: She did good.

Nora smiled, happy that her parents approved, but with a hint of sadness that she'll never meet them.

Barry: Yeah.

Iris: She was the best of both of us.

"You are," Barry agrees.

Barry: She was my legacy all along. And us, together, as a family, that's how I want to be remembered. As a good man, a loving husband... A supportive father.

Any happiness that had been gained was suddenly sucked out of the room at the reminder that Barry would disappear in a few years.

Iris: You're already all of those things. Nora felt that way too. Time language.

Barry: Mm-hmm.

Iris: No matter what changes with the timeline, that'll never change.

Barry: We'll always have this to remember her.

Dig was slightly confused as to how that worked but he, along with Oliver, Felicity, Cisco, and Caitlin, was impressed that Nora had the foresight to write her journal in an unchangeable language.

Nora: Hi, Mom and Dad. If you're watching this, it means that something went wrong. But I don't want you guys to be sad. I'm not. I always wanted to be a hero.

"You are a hero," Oliver, surprisingly, was the one to say. "A hero is just someone with a desire and will to do what's right."

To use my extraordinary abilities to help people. That's why I came here. To meet my family, stop Cicada, help fix the Flash's legacy, and save him from disappearing in the future. I believed I could do the impossible. But I never imagined it would turn out like this. I'm glad it did.

"I am," Nora agreed.

I wouldn't change anything about my time with you. My sweet parents. The most important people to me in the world. I wish I could be there to celebrate every new chapter. To witness every success. Just know that no matter where I go in my life, you'll always be by my side.

"And we will be with you," Barry stated.

Because of you, I know I will never, ever truly be alone. And I will feel your love and support like a warm hug, comforting me, pushing me to be the best person I can be. Thank you for everything. For making me a hero. And for loving me even if I wasn't perfect.

"It's what parents do. They love you no matter what," Joe told Nora.

Please remember that I love you both. And I always will. No matter what the future brings.

There wasn't a dry eye in the room after Nora's message to her parents. 

Future Flash. "The Flash 5x22 | Nora's message to Barry & Iris [4K]." Youtube, 14 May, 2019, youtube.com/watch?v=9ZscwQTSFL4.