Sacrifice

Jay: That's the problem

Cisco: It's the Speed Force prison

"The place they were going to trap Savitar?" Joe asked the room. Nora and Barry nodded in response.

Jay: It needs an occupant. When you freed me, we emptied it. Without a prisoner-

Cisco: It goes unstable and now it's bleeding energy into our Earth

"Is that as bad as it sounds," Felicity nervously asked.

Nora, with fear in her eyes, nodded again as she whispered, "Worse," under her breath.

Iris: Okay, so how do we stop this

Barry: By giving it what it needs

Nora chokes on a sob and everyone else slowly realizes what's about to happen.

Iris: Which is what?

SS: Outside

Barry: The Speed Force is unbalanced. I have to stabilize it

Iris: What? How?

Barry: By running into it.

"NO!" Everyone shouted. Joe and Iris began threatening to arrest Barry again.

Iris: No! You can't! Barry, you'll be trapped in there forever.

Barry: If I don't go, the whole city, maybe even the entire planet could be destroyed.

"You're a hero, Barry, but you also have to think about yourself sometimes as well," Oliver grimley stated. "It took me a long time to realize that it's not always about saving others. Sometimes you have to save yourself so that you can save others."

Iris: Cisco! There's gotta be another way, right? Barry, Central City needs the Flash

Barry: And they'll have one. They'll have one. Alright? Right?

"He's passing on the mantle," Cisco muttered sadly.

Wally: Yeah.

Julian: Mate...

Barry: You mind sticking around?

"Is that Harry?" Caitlin asked. Everyone just shrugged.

Wells: Anything for you

[Barry prepares to enter the Speed Force prison to save Central City from being destroyed.]

Iris: Barry, Wally and Jay said they were in Hell.

[A portal opens from the Speed Force, and Nora Allen appears.]

"Oh great," Barry muttered, "it's still doing that thing. That's great!"

Joe: Barry, it's your mother.

Barry: That's the Speed Force.

Speed Force Nora Allen: Barry isn't going to Hell. But like all runners must eventually, he's reached his finish line. His race is over.

"It can't be," Dig stated plainly. "He and Iris have a daughter and, from what we've seen, Iris isn't pregnant."

Nora looked up, "He's right. Dad was there when I was born. This isn't the end. They have to find some way out of this."

Iris: You can't take him with you.

Barry: She's not taking me anywhere. I have to go.

Iris: Why? Why are you being punished?

Barry: This, all of this, it started with my mistake. With Flashpoint. This is my penance. This is my redemption.

"I still don't know what Flashpoint is."

Speed Force Nora Allen: My beautiful boy. It's time to rest.

[Literally everyone in a state of emotional distress]

Barry: Don't mess it up with her.

Cisco: I'll do my best

"Who?!" Cisco shouted.

Nora smiled, "At the time this is I'm going to assume that he's talking about Gypsy, but I don't really know."

Barry: They're all going to look to you now

Cisco: I'm not a hero like you

Barry: You've always been my hero

Joe: All this time, we've been trying to save Iris, You're telling me we should've been trying to save you too?

Barry: You did save me, Joe. You took an eleven-year-old boy with a broken heart and you gave him a home and so much love. No son ever felt more love from a father.

"He-I'm right. You saved me that day and you haven't stopped yet. Thank you, for everything." Barry and Joe smiled at each other and hugged.

Joe: No father ever felt more proud of a son.

"He hasn't, Barry."

Speed Force Nora Allen: Barry, it's time.

Iris: Barry... It's not fair.

Barry: I know

Iris: We were supposed to have our happy ending. I'm ready to be Iris West-Allen.

Barry: And you always will be. But you need to keep living your life. Keep growing, keep loving, keep running, for me. Promise me you'll run Iris.

Barry, Iris, Nora, and Joe all exchanged smiles. Felicity was close to tears at the fluffy-angsty-ness of the whole situation.

Iris: I promise.

Barry: I've got to go.

The Music Meister appeared after the video shut off and exclaimed, "That was the end of season 3! No one is being changed and there are only two videos for this season, one of which is grouped with the first scene of the fifth season! Toodles!" 

Total Comics. "Flash season 3 Ending Barry Runs Into Speed Force" Youtube, 23 May. 2017, youtube.com/watch?v=x4Ey-WwaHKs.