Chapter 3: Bloodstained heart

"You hit me like a subway train
And I will never be the same
So even when you fall apart
I'll pick up your bloodstained Heart... "
Darren Hayes

Harry knocked on Ian's office door as he walked in, finding him sitting behind his desk, sifting through some paperwork. He looked up and smiled.

"Ah Harry! How are you?" he asked, gesturing for Harry to take a seat.

"Can't complain" smiled Harry as he sat opposite his boss and mentor. He loved Ian like a father, holding him in high esteem and in awe of his talent with people. He also liked him immensely. He was someone Harry aspired to be like in every way.

"Now, I needed to speak with you, as I have a new case coming in in three days – a boy all the way from the UK, a near drowning accident – and I'm afraid I now have to travel north urgently, as my mother is ill. It's probably to be expected in her eighties, but regardless, I'm needed by her side. I need you to take this patient for me, so I wanted to give you his file to read so you'd be prepared. He's about your age and the same nationality, so I expect you'll have plenty in common."

Harry's eyes widened. "Are you sure Ian?" he asked. "I've only really worked with two adults before."

"Harry" Ian replied, sitting back in his chair and looking directly at Harry. "You are an intuitive and remarkable therapist. Your achievements thus far have been nothing short of brilliant – and may I remind you that both adult cases you took on were a success? I have every faith in your ability to help this young man. If I didn't, I wouldn't even entertain the idea of you working with him."

Harry was beyond pleased by Ian's praise. He knew Ian was happy with his work but his words left him feeling chuffed. He loved this part of the work, loved seeing the difference he could make in people's lives, so it was nice to hear he was doing a good job.

He smiled at Ian and nodded. "Alright then, if you think I can handle it, I'll make sure I'm ready when he gets here."

"Thatta boy Harry!" Ian grinned, handing over a file.

Harry looked down at the name printed on the front in black.

Louis Tomlinson

***

Louis and Zayn arrived in Australia exhausted after twenty three hours on a plane. Dragging themselves to the baggage carousel to collect their bags on weary legs.

"I can't feel my arse – I think it's gone to sleep" Louis complained.

Zayn just smiled wearily, too tired to even speak. They had three days before the sessions at SeaWorld started, and Louis intended to sleep for at least two of those after travelling to the arse end of the world.

When the taxi pulled up outside the house his parents had rented them for the duration of the trip, Louis smiled. It was in a pretty neighbourhood, only a few blocks away from the marina, a wide street, lined with palm trees. SeaWorld was apparently only a short distance away, further up the end of the marina road. The house itself seemed nice from the outside – they retrieved the keys from the meter box, where the real estate had left them, and let themselves inside. They roamed the house, exploring each room and choosing their preferred bedrooms upstairs, Louis claiming the main bedroom with an ensuite bathroom and large bed.

Zayn took the second bedroom across the hall, with a large queen sized bed and a bathroom next door to it. "It's a great place!" he called out to Louis as he flopped onto his bed.

"Yeah" agreed Louis. "I think we'll be pretty comfortable here." He kicked off his shoes and threw himself onto the bed, sighing at the comfortable mattress and letting his heavy eyes slide closed. He was just dozing off when Zayn came in and plonked down beside him.