Chapter 9: Fighting a losing battle

"There's no space in my heart
Where I don't want to love you"
James Morrison

Harry woke very slowly the following morning, drifting back and forth between consciousness and sleep. He was aware he was hot – overly so. He also became aware that the reason for this was the warm body pressed along his back, which prompted his eyes to spring open and his body to stiffen up – in more ways than one.

Louis was draped along his back and had his legs intertwined with Harry's, an arm slung round his waist lightly. He was in a deep slumber, the only sound his steady breathing and soft snuffling noises. Harry had to fight back a smile as he snorted out a little huff of breath.

As he lay there, he began to become hyper aware of the lack of space between their bodies and while he gave a fleeting consideration to how perfectly they fit together, he knew he had to put some distance between them or he was going to roll over and pin Louis to the mattress.

He tried to shuffle himself forward, intending to slip out of the bed as quietly as possible. The movement, however, disturbed Louis, who reached out with a small mewl of protest, tightening the arm around Harry's waist and pulling him back, flush against his front as he exhaled, nuzzling closer and dropping back into a deep sleep.

Harry closed his eyes, fighting the need to push his hips back at the feeling of Louis' morning wood pushing up against his arse. He could feel his cock filling up and his body was humming with awareness. He slid a hand down to squeeze himself, willing the erection away and gulping as he fought the raging desire.

He was just getting ready to wake Louis up and slide out of the bed, when Louis let out a sigh, his hands travelling down to grab Harry's hips in a tight grip, fingers digging in as his hips thrust forward, pushing his bulging shaft against Harry's bum and drawing a gasp from him as he felt a bolt of sensation shoot through him.

"Fuuuuccckkk" he breathed, his body tingling from head to toe. Every nerve in his body was on fire and he was waging an internal war not to push back against Louis. It was a herculean effort and he felt his resolve slipping.

Louis let out a small moan in his sleep, thrusting again and digging his fingers harder into Harry's hip bones as he started a slow, grinding rhythm.

Harry let out a small whimper, squeezing his eyes shut and taking a moment to simply revel in the feel of Louis' body rocking into his, their briefs the only barrier between them. He told himself he would pull away in just one more second, just one more thrust, but could feel his body responding, hips pushing back of their own accord and he wasn't at all sure he would be able to, that he was strong enough. He allowed himself to get lost in the feeling, the moment, rolling his hips in time with Louis' now and palming himself in time with the thrusts.

It was when Louis breathed out his name in a sleepy whisper that Harry came to his senses, shooting out of the bed clumsily, desperate to get away. The movement woke Louis, who sprang awake disoriented and confused.

"Wha... Harry?" He looked over at Harry, who was panting and wide-eyed, lips red from being bitten and cheeks flushed. His pupils were blown and Louis was distracted by how incredibly hot he looked, before he became aware of his own state and looked down at his aching length. He blushed and glanced back up at Harry, whose state was much the same and who was now refusing to meet his eyes as he stammered out an excuse before fleeing to the bathroom.

When Harry had disappeared into the bathroom, the running water indicating he was taking a shower, Louis fell back onto his pillow, staring at the ceiling. He'd been dreaming he was grinding on Harry and now he realised it wasn't a dream. He'd been going at Harry like there was no tomorrow and that was just all kinds of humiliating – oh God! He threw an arm over his eyes, groaning.