Chapter 5

Day by day, year by year, I would look over Luffy as he trained. He would do his training while I wait for him by a tree with food. It's been nine years since the incident happened, it's still vivid in my mind. The sea snake... Higuma... Shanks' arm... it still feels so real.My hand rises to hold the necklace around my neck. You're forever in my debt Shanks, you saved us and sacrificed your arm for us...

"Y/NNN!" hollers Luffy, he was coming into sight. He was drenched in his own sweat. I chuckled throwing him a towel.

"Here, you stink," I say, Luffy takes the towel. His eyebrows rise.

"So nice of you Y/N," he replies with sarcasm. I laugh, I pat the space next to me.

Luffy sits himself down and crosses his leg. I start unpacking food from the basket.As soon as I put the food out Luffy starts eating. I sighed to myself, gee I was going to miss Luffy a lot when he leaves... nine years have already passed... I clench my fists on my pants.

"L-Luffy, when you leave to become a pirate. Don't forget your family here, we'll always be waiting for you," I say, managing not to waver my tone. I scrunch my eyes.

Luffy starts laughing.

"Don't worry about that I won't ever forget about you guys, who knows we might even meet outside of this village," smiles Luffy. He's so carefree, I wish I could be as free as him...

He has so much potential, a great dream... What am I going to do with my life? After Luffy goes I'm here with Makino and everyone else. I mean I don't mind everyone, I love everyone- they care a lot about everyone. I guess I didn't really think what would be in store for me, I've always thought I'd be by Luffy's side like when were little.I never had a thought about leaving...ever. I silently pack away everything, as silence hangs thick around us. Luffy jumps up stretching and gazes out to the horizon, slowly watching the sun go down. He offers his hand out to me, I take it and he yanks me to my feet.

"L-Luffy?" I say as I feel arms wrap around me. I melt into him, trying to stop the waterworks.

"I promise I'll find you after I leave, I won't ever forget you and this village. We've made so many memories here, I'm not just going to erase them all," He says sincerely, tightening his grip around me. I hold the end of his shirt tightly.

"That goes the same for me, I can't just wait for you to come and find me," I say into his shoulder. Luffy laughs.

"Deal,"

I can't always depend on this village nor the kind people who have brought me up. At a point, I have to thank them and bid them well.I was the first to part the embrace, I wipe my tears and gesture to head back.

"Well c' mon, Makino'll ask where we've been," I take his hand as I hold the basket in my free hand.

¬A few days later¬

Luffy declared he'd be leaving in two days time as it was two days till the new year, I was slightly disappointed but I was happy for Luffy because he was going out to chase his dreams. I looked out at the empty seats in the Party's Bar, it's actually been a while since anybody other people from this town to actually come in. We haven't had any voyagers or pirates in a long time.

"N-" I wonder how Shanks is doing...he must be doing fine..."Y/N?!" I mean he's a pirate... "Y/N!!" I shoulders rise in surprise. I turn to see Makino look at me worriedly.

"Hmm? Yes, what is it, Makino?" I ask, clearly confused.

She sighs slowly.

"You've been staring at the air and rubbing the same glass for the past ten minutes," I look down at the dry glass in my hand. I put it down on the rack and fold up the cloth.

"What's on your mind?"

I start fiddling with my hands, then I shrug. I start untying my apron and hanging on the nearby rack.

"Is it about Luffy?" She asks her stare boring into the side of my head.

I nod, I have been thinking about Luffy and his departure a lot.

"Yeah, I guess. I never knew the day would actually come so fast," I say quietly, I decided to walk out to clear my head. I'll be fine, I mean ever since Shanks left no ones raided Foosha village and Luffy will be fine out on the sea. He'll find a great crew, I'm sure of it...I end up at the pier looking out to the endless mass of water. Suddenly the chief came my way, he tapped my shoulder.

"What are you doing out here dear? It's pouring," it was indeed pouring, but I didn't realise.

"Oh, I didn't realise it was raining. I'll get inside," I say, thanking him. He nods, chuckling as he starts walking to the Infirmary room. I start heading back to the house, I open the door to see Makino in the kitchen and I hear Luffy's snores in the hallway.

"You're pouring Y/N," Makino rushes to me and wraps a blanket around me.

"I-I'm fine," sneezing. Makino beams at me, she ushers me to my room.

"Just like the time where you came back with Luffy when it was raining on his first day of training," she mumbled. It really has been that long...

"Here, go get changed. I'll make you some tea," I nod, as she leaves me to my room.

As I walked into my room I closed the door and headed to the bathroom. I took off my boots and the blanket- I put them on the nearby chair. I turn the hot water on, I strip down and step into the shower.

Once I finished my shower, I put on some pants and a white blouse. I headed for the kitchen, my H/C H/L still dripping wet. I take a seat on the table as Makino hands me a cup of tea.

Hey,

I updated, enjoy. 

~levis_angels_123