Chapter 23

Standing in the doorway, I got great angles. Just great. To the left, you see Paulie on the floor, next to Paulie is the dudes from the CP9 and in the middle of everything was a half- stuck Luffy in the wall. I snorted as I touched my face mask, tapping my chin lightly.

"Straw Hat Luffy, you're here to take the blame right?" says the one wearing the skull mask the other in the bull mask held his ground.

Luffy raised his eyebrows and he notices me. I could see a lightbulb inside him spark as he starting shouting at the two dudes. Well, the face mask worked.

"Mask! Mask! Then it's you, you're the one telling Robin to do bad things!" he growled, the punctured wall vibrates as he shouts.

The one in the skull sees me leaning on the doorway and nocks his head in Luffy's direction. How great that one moment where I actually thought I didn't need to fight him here I am. The bull masked guy stepped back to where I was as his companion took his first attack. 

"RYANKU!" he screams, a wind vortex with such force came bustling from his leg and Luffy jumped out free.

Luffy's outline was clear as day through the mist, they both retreat out leaving Paulie and Luffy with me. Taking my part in this plan, I instantly felt my heart sink. The mist subsides and Luffy stared straight at me. he didn't know it was me, it all depended on where I actually let him find out. By speaking, taking off the mask. In this case, I couldn't.

"Well lady, I guess I'm facing you," He announces as he squats. I stood straight, hands at my sides. Paulie behind us let out a little groan. I nodded.

He starts off by running up at me shooting himself into the air and using the corner of the roof to force his attack to be more powerful. My sight turned 180, his image whooshed past me as I catch his wrist. He stops abruptly, he stares at me for a good while before I took a kick at his side making him stumble back.

"GOMU GOMU PISTOL!" his right arm extends flying at me, jumping onto his extended hand his arm soon retracted back allowing me to roundhouse kick his face.

I wince.

I land in front of him, standing tall against his figure who was half-sitting. The room was now silent barely hearing our puffed breaths.

"Who are you and why are you doing this to Robin? What did she ever do to you?" he wiped his mouth with the ball of his fist. 

He stays squatted one leg further out than the other. His gaze was more intense than I've ever seen them. He's determined. I raise my eyebrow not reply while he shot his leg in a fan manner hoping to trip me up which he did, he now stands over me looking at my eyes. Levelling my footing I jumped up and Luffy instantly takes his move and slowly inches me to the wall trying to hit me with attacks. I dodged his last punch, his head dips catching his breath. 

"Why tell me why? Give Robin back to us,"

My knee and his chin connected his head threw back with splashes of blood splattering into the air. His head returns forward and he raises his right hip, swiftly passing his leg midair to hit my jaw. Holding a hand to my jaw I knew I bit into a gum. I could feel the blood watering in my mouth slowly as it goes down my oesophagus.

"Why are you not responding!?" his voice slightly ragged. 

We were now in the far corner of the room. I was against the wall. His hand slapped the wall next to my head. W-what was happening? I could hear my heart slowly quicken. Luffy's face was shadowed by his hair. My hand inched into my side belt and quipped three small kunai into my sleeve. My body slowly fed Haki into the kunai turning them darker than they already were.