Chapter 19

We quickly rendezvoused with Nico and it seemed like she was the one in charge. Kalifa decided that she'd buy us time, showing that she was the closest to Iceburg. I barely knew Iceburg and he would've been suspicious why I'd suddenly want to hang out with him after our little debate. Pulling up my face mask, I tugged my hair free using it as another form of hiding my identity.  I was soon introduced to Blueno, another member of the CP9 that successfully got Nico to cooperate. His disguise was the far the best and foolproof no one suspected a thing coming from him. He wore a huge checkered robe with a white mask that appeared fox-like. Nico was wearing black from top to bottom, she had a pistol at her waist. 

"We should get down there now," says Nico coldly, a dark expression sticks on her face. I nod, jumping off the roof and through the open window with ease.

Nico and Bleuno join me, it was pretty quiet. All the lights were dimmed to a minimum, giving the foyer an eerie look. It's vast walls appear like they're going to swallow you whole. Blueno then shuffled in his robe making it dragging across the red carpet, while they walk up ahead I slide down the window making sure I leave no clues for the investigators that come in tomorrow. Blueno slips a pistol into my hand, 

"Use it if things get out of hand," he mumbles, his mask threatening even in the dimmed lights.

I mumble a silent yes, Blueno swishes around in his robe facing the long foyer. As much as I want to get out of this place this might just be the hardest assassination for me. Even though I'm not the one carrying it out, I wouldn't say that I was a professional or nearly as cunning as Kalifa.  Tugging my glove higher while we await Kalifa's signal. I stole a glance at Nico. She looks like she's about to burst, I couldn't read her but I knew her heart was heavy.

"Take him down quickly, Y/N finish him if you have to," Speaks Bleuno. "Don't draw too much attention to yourself, don't utter a word," 

 A quick death, in a matter of seconds, if needed. We needed Iceburg dead, he was hiding the world's most dangerous weapon that could wipe a continent clean off the map. After all this, they were going to imprison Nico down at Enies Lobby, for the years of crimes she'd went through. This made me feel that the Straw Hats were going to involved, which I'd also have a fair chance of fighting Luffy. Now that Spandam, Dofy and Kalifa knew that I was good friends with Luffy they're going to take advantage of it. We all huddle close in the darkness, watching Kalifa- now in her casual clothes- come out of Iceberg's quarters. She locked the door behind her, we were going to use Blueno's devil fruit power, obviously. Mid-step she pulled her glasses down and that was our cue.

"Let's go," piercingly order Blueno holding his arm up. 

Nico and I shuffled closer to him as he warped us into the locked room where Iceburg was settling down. He didn't realise we were in his room, Blueno ticked his head by the window sill. Nodding I made my way around to the window sill, barely out of Iceberg's eye stream. I held the gun tightly, ready to shoot. While I moved, Iceburg was getting up from the wooden chair. As he was hovering his ass off the chair he caught sight of Nico and Blueno, he stumbled back crashing into the chair he was just sitting in. Holding his hand out to stop the gun raised at him, but it happened all in milliseconds. Nico set off the gun, shooting Iceburg directly at his chest- Twice. Iceburg stumbled back clawing at Blueno's mask, he successfully pulled it off revealing a thick black face mask on his face. He knew that this was going to happen, he was prepared. Iceburg kneeled, holding the leg of his bed. His eyes widen trying to see his pursuers. I wouldn't let him turn us in that easily, I raised my gun at his back and fired it. The sound of the bullets reaching its destination, piercing through the skin ring in my ears. I fired off twice more until Iceburg lay limp on the floor, his own scarlet blood basked around him. In these few seconds, Blueno had scanned the room seeking the blueprints. I latched the gun back into my pocket, my eyes wander back up at Blueno. He merely shakes his head, indicating that it wasn't here at all. I raise my eyebrows as he took us out of the room. He successfully warps us outside on a roof. It was surprisingly calm, even though the sea seemed it was raging at us. Blueno looks out to the sea and then back to me and Nico.

"It wasn't there at all," He says, lifting the second mask off revealing his bulk face. 

We shouldn't have posed that Iceburg was some stupid figure, he had thought this out. It was most likely he gave it to someone else or had told someone of it.

"Well, we'll just have to try harder," I finish, hopping away from them. I just can't wait for this to be over, because I knew I was stuck in some deep shit that was coming for me.

~The next day~

Waking up, the first thing I heard was the headline all about Iceburg. Every mail boy was running around holding papers regarding the assassination attempt. The city also was in a huge panic, everyone was raging. I took a shower and put on a simple pair of dress pants and a blouse. After I was done with how I looked, I rushed to the hospital. I was able to slip into Iceberg's room where Kalifa and Rob was. Hattori and Rob were situated on the couch, motionless. Kalifa was in the middle of wiping her fake tears away, I made my voice higher. Making myself sound worried.

"Sir, are you okay?! I heard about it," But he didn't respond, he was soundlessly sleeping as the doctor sat by his side examining him. 

The nurse sat me down next to Rob, they really had no idea what was actually going on. The small man, mumbled to himself while he examined Iceburg. His head was bandaged up as well as his chest was. The nurse prepared the replacement fluid bag for his drip.  Nearby I could hear Kalifa sniffling and Hattori cooing like a normal bird.

"How is he doctor?" acts out Kalifa, worriedly. The doctor simply hums.

"He was shot twice in the front and three times at the back... I don't know what happened in the room. But this is too cruel," 

At that point, I wasn't even listening. I was maintaining my posture so no one would suspect me. I shedded tears making my act worth it, outside the room, I could hear Paulie. Shouting. 

Hello,

Thank you for 1k + reads, and 100+ votes, I am so happy! Today is my last day of freedom before I'm dragged back into school- yay me. I hope y'all enjoy!

~levis_angels_123