R:VCP | Chapter 9: Time, Death, and Fate

Standing firm, in front of hundreds of enemy soldiers. There, Selene stood unfaltering.

Facing the beautiful ethereal being, many soldiers can't help but be in daze. Some even noticeably blushed.

But, who would fault them?

Besides this kind of beauty can never be seen in any Kingdom they went to... Matter of fact is, this beauty can never be found in this world at all.

That's why, everyone can't help but be in daze, and swoon by this ethereal being in front of them.

The General on the other hand was, Yes. He too was in a moment of daze, but after seeing the beauty stood in front of the entrance, and showing her will to protect it. His face darkened.

He understood it then that this ethereal being is protecting this Kingdom, protecting the King and Queen... And it also means that.

She is also their enemy.

After reorganizing his thoughts, he then came up of a plan.

He stood straight and with a loud voice, he then say.

"Beauty, greetings!!!" He then bowed, then rise and continued.

"Beauty, from your looks, and aura. I can say that you are not a mortal." He stated and the other soldiers then woke up from their daze, then when they heard their General speak. They can't help but listen and look at the beauty in front.

Selene on the other hand, remained impassive, and did not answer. The silence insured. General didn't care and continued.

"Beauty, as a 'not' mortal isn't it too much trouble, if you get involved?" He sneered.

Especially when he thought that this ethereal being, actually has elemental power, which only a spirit or a God may have, and on the enemy's side at that, then that only means dead end for them.

But, from the start till the end, the ethereal being only stood there motionless at the same time calm and alert.

As the General lost his patience, he immediately raise his sword and said.

"Attack!!!" Some soldiers hesitated, but still end up attacking. The King and Queen were nervous and scared.

They weren't scared about them being attacked, but instead scared to what might happen to their benefactor, which is now in front of those hundreds of soldiers being attacked.

The target of worry of the couple on the other hand, was there calmly looking at the soldiers who was running towards her and on attack.

Everyone held their breath as worry consumed them, worry about the ethereal being's safety.