Chapter Nine

When I wake up from a restful sleep, Aiden isn't next to me as I remembered before I fell asleep.  I get up from the Sofa and untangle myself from the unnecessary amount of covers  piled on top of me.

Was it that cold last night?

I manage to not trip over my own legs, and a faint sound of running water starts to echo through the apartment.

Ten minutes later, Aiden comes out of the shower with only a white towel covering this toned lower body.

Panicking, I place my hands over my eyes. I mumble through my hands.

"What are you doing? Just standing there with nothing but a towel?" I yell in horror,
Déjà Vu suddenly hits me hard like a wrecking ball.

He just smiles, eyebrows raised having not  a care in the world. "Your the one drooling." Aiden points out. In fact I was the one with their mouth gapping.

How embarrassing!

"Umm, I was daydreaming I do it a lot." I lie. I  didn't know what to do or say at this situation.

"Your terrible at lying." Aiden  smirks while walking into his room to get changed.

After a minute of  procrastinating I decide, to get myself off the sofa and begin to get ready. I walk into my wardrobe and spot my new clothes hanging on the rails and it instantly makes me happier. I think it's just a teenage girl tendency.

Today I go for something casual and comfortable. I pull a black off the shoulder top over my head and squeeze myself into some black and white plaid pants. Looking in the mirror, I go over to my dressing table and add some necklaces round my neck and some mascara to my lashes and a tad bit of  lipgloss.

Happy with my appearance, I walk over to my door and stride into the kitchen. I don't know where Aiden is, but my stomach is rumbling from hunger and I need to eat some breakfast to save myself from the embarrassment in class.

I reach to get a bowl from the top cupboard but I'm not that tall to reach. Until I feel a warm hand on mine. I turn and look around and I see Aiden dressed in black jeans and a grey crew neck jumper.

"Let me get that for you." He assists.

I step out of his way, and then he reaches up and grabs a  blue coloured bowl. "Thank you." I thank him, and get the box of Corn Flakes and pour a generous amount into my bowl, while pouring a little milk.

"A bit hungry?" Aiden remarks, smirking as usual.

"There's a little tip for you, never and I mean never question a girls appetite she might eat you alive." I chuckle, not really taking his comment to heart.

"Plus men eat like monsters." I add.

"I'll give you that." Aiden points at me with his fingers.

"I'm never wrong, Reed."

Aiden's phone begins to ring, his ringtone getting louder and louder.

"Are you going to answer that?" I question, the ringing getting to loud for my ears.

Aidens huffs before answering

"It's my Mother."

"Then why won't you answer it."

"No, she's probably going to have a go at me for not talking to her, when I've been very busy."  He crosses his arms like almost defending himself from the world.

What has his Mum have possibly done wrong  to make him not want to answer her calls?

"I suggest you answer it, it might be important."