Chapter Twenty three

It's the next morning now, and the bright sun is shinning it's way through the closed curtains almost begging me to get up. I carefully roll out of bed, trying to not wake Aiden up. I subconsciously look to my side and Aiden isn't there it's just an outline of his body printed on the mattress.

After doing up the bed, I quickly run across the cold flooring and decide to take a much needed warm shower. I rap my body into a towel and head into the bedroom to find myself some clothes.

I pull out a creamy brown coloured over sized jumper and some black high waisted jeans and my black old skool vans.

While I squeeze into my jeans and do my hair I find another handwritten stuck to the mirror. At once I grab the note and read it over once, and then twice to double check I'm not still asleep.

The note reads:

"Hey beautiful, meet me by the lake in twenty minutes."
Much love,
-A

I hastily stuff my phone in my bag and scramble to the door making sure to lock it with the keys and I jog to the location Aiden told me to meet him.

And array of different combinations of orange and brown leaves cover the autumn floor, the soft breezy wind brushes my hair back and my fingers begin to slightly tingle from the coolness. I continue making my way towards the path way and my jaw instantly drops at the extraordinary view.

The early morning sun shines onto the reflective lake and I could see the sky scraper trees in the rippling water. As I look straight ahead, a small wooden silhouette of a canoe  sits on the embankment  and is rocking peacefully to and fro.

"Look who decided to show up." A loud voice booms from behind me and I almost have to balance myself from falling in.

"Yeah that's me." I nervously laugh, the only person who could ever make me more nervous is Aiden.

"Come on lets go!" Aiden shouts over to me a smile out stretched on his face. I can tell he's excited and so am I.

I hesitantly take a step towards him and he lends me his hand and I take it and we step closer to the canoe.

"Aiden I'm not to sure if this is a good idea." I nervously gulp.

"Do you trust me?" Aiden asks, seriousness present in his voice while his eyes pierce into mine.

"Of course I do." I hold onto to his hand while he tightens the ropes onto the canoe and then slowly but carefully guides me onto it.

"See it wasn't so bad after all." He smiles at me, his bright white teeth turn into a beam onto his lips and the bright sun glowing onto his perfect face.

"So where are we off to?" I stammer as I'm still nervous from being on a lake.

"Somewhere special, call it an adventure." He points his nose at me, and grabs the paddle and starts twisting and turning the rod making us glide across the water at a sturdy pace.

I sit quietly next to Aiden taking deep breaths in and out, and enjoying woodlands. As we cross over the bridge going into the other part of the woodlands I point out to Aiden a flock of ducks.

One, with a slight brown colour which i'm assuming is the mother and a dark brown one who holds its neck up high and leads the little ducks into the pond which is probably the mother and father and there cute little family.

The two little ducks wondle their way down the pond in single file, and they splash joyfully each other with water their beaks gaping and their wings flapping in the water.

"Aiden look how cute they are?" I swoon with admiration at the such cute little creatures. It's kind of funny how the small ducks made me forget about how terrified I was to be on a small boat in the middle of a lake.

"Their alright I guess." Aiden quietly shudders  his shoulders and takes a second look at the flock in front of him.With quick movements Aiden paddles the canoe over to the flock and luckily they don't run away from our presence.

"You are beautiful little things aren't you." I gently stroke the chick on its head. It's
adorable hazelnut eyes light up when it sees me and makes a cute little swark at my presence making me turn into a laughing fit.

"Hey, Mr Duck no hitting on my girl." Aiden jokes petting it on its back. The small little duck swarks again from my absence and I turn to meet Aiden's eyes.

"I think he's trying to say that I don't belong to anyone." I bite my lip trying so hard not to giggle again.

"Well listen closely Mr duck, just because M here doesn't know that she's mine, we will make it official today." Aiden overdrew his hand from the duck and gripped onto mine with a sparkly shine in his green eyes.

"I know I didn't make it clear last time, but will you be-."

I quickly cut him off and finsh off the sentence that I thought he would never ask. "Your girlfriend?" Aiden shyly nods and when I say the next few words his lips turn up in a smile so bright that I've never seen before. And all I could say is that it's just fascinatingly beautiful.

"Of course!" I exclaim, and Aiden leans in and intertwines his fingers together with mine, the sweet gesture just makes my heart jump out of my chest a little and I can't help the butterflies and the feelings that comes with being with Aiden.

"It's just you and me M."
________________________________
Hope you enjoyed this cute chapter sorry it took so long❤️

Please comment and vote!

♠️ See you soon!♠️