Chapter Twenty One

_______________________________
Aiden's POV:

We make our way back towards the apartment with all the shopping. While Alex is still teasing me about the fact that I lost.Who knew shopping with Alex would take so much energy and time?

I park my black BMW into the car park and me and Alex  hurriedly walk inside with the shopping bags. Harriet had texted me a while ago saying that they were at the shopping centre buying some clothes.

Harriet is such a girl, she spends almost every weekend shopping for clothes that she knows she won't even wear. I would be too scared to even open up her wardrobe.

I leave Alex in the living room and I make my way towards my room I need to pack some clothes and my toothbrush for the lodge. I pull out my empty suitcase that was sitting solemnly alone on top of the wardrobe and I begin filling it with my necessary three pairs of back ripped jeans, a baby blue dress shirt with floral patterns on it and just some random T-shirts I found hanging around in my cupboards.

I check my watch and it reads 2:30pm, Harriet and Maddison should be here soon. I can't wait to spend the weekend with her, I know she deserves a nice time away and I just hope I don't blow it and say something that will ruin it. And tomorrow I will tell her how I feel.

Before you start rolling your eyes, i'm going to tell her the truth.

The truth I've been wanting to tell for a very long time.

I walk into Maddison's room and grab her rose gold suitcase that has her initials on it. M.K it reads in fancy white writing.

I grab some of her cozy pyjamas and a few pairs of trousers, T-shirts and that mouth watering red off the shoulder dress I've been wanting to see her in again. And not forgetting her paranoid camera. I Wheel the case into my room and I lightly place them behind my door luckily they just about fit in the tight gap.

Hearing a soft knock on the door I tell Alex calmly to open the front door and not to say a word to Maddison. He does what I say and lets them in, and goes back to his place on the sofa.

"Hey!" I greet them.

"Hi." They both say together, I can tell that their little shopping trip has worn them out as they throw themselves onto the sofa their faces looking flustered and red.

"Right I better go before I fall asleep. I love you Maddison. And Aiden look after her." Harriet waves us goodbye before exiting the apartment.

"I'm going to go too. I hope you both have a good time. And Aiden I'll talk to you later." He salutes us and walks out.

"Aiden? What are they both talking about?" Maddison asks looking confused.

Avoiding the question completely I ask "Are you hungry?" I point to my stomach and I make a funny noise with my mouth to mimic the sound of my stomach rumbling.

"Yeah, sure." She answers slowly her eyebrows raised.

I hurriedly grab the car keys, her shopping bag, and her hand before she could say anything and we make it safely to the car.

As I always do, I open her side of the car door for her and I wait till she climbs in. I have come to realise that the smallest things matter and Maddison appreciates them. I  quickly run to my side and start the engine of the car and I reverse back out of the car park.