Chapter Twenty seven

"Alex please talk to me, you know I would never say anything hurtful to you on purpose." I try to reach for his arm but he just snatches his arm away before I could grab it.

"Your not the Maddison I thought you was." Is all he says after not talking to me while on the ride to the hospital.

And now I'm the one who feels upset, what does he mean that 'I am not the Maddison he knows?' I've always been Maddison the girl who loves to read and loves to be in everyone's company. The one who puts a smile on your face when your not feeling it.

"Alex I'm sorry I never meant to hurt you. You know I say stupid things sometimes. Your not a player. You was never that, your Aiden's best friend and now you've become mine too. I want to be the person who you come to when you have problems and I'm the one to tell you what to do."

"You don't understand do you?" He opens his window and runs a frustrated hand through his golden hair.

"I want more. And just not in a friend way."

And with that I my mouth was left open and I was shocked to the confession Alex just confessed too. Completely ignoring what Alex has just said I thank him for driving me here and I walk up to the hospital front and call Aiden.

How can two people love me at the same time.

"Aiden?" I struggle to keep it together when he finally picks up.

"Maddison." He says, and I'm just so relieved to hear his voice.

"Where are you?" He says the question that i was about to ask.

"I'm downstairs, I just got here and thought I would get coffee." I answer.

"Okay, I'm coming." He says at the phone before abruptly closing the line.
~~
I sprint into his arms and taken by shock he wraps his arms around my waist pulling me closer. We stand there for what feels like forever just enjoying our embrace together, and I feel so calm and collected when I'm with Aiden. He's like my escape from the world, and I would never ever leave him because if I did, that would mean I would leave a part of me too.
"Well that was a surprise." He whispers into my ear making me snap back to reality.

"I just missed you." I answer pulling back and looking up at him.

"I missed you too, come on Mum's been dying to see you." He chuckles and pulls my hand towards the lift to go upstairs.

We manage to get safety in without a million people bombarding the lift and takes us to the ward that Aimee is staying in.

"Where's Alex?" Aiden asks curiously.

Oh no please not now without hesitation I quickly manage to blurt something out. "He's just in the car." I lie.

"Come on, we've wasted too much time already." Aiden pulls my hand and tugs me towards the room.

"Mum?" He calls from the door, and softly knocks once.

"Yes dear." Aimee calls out and we both step into the room hand in hand ready to face what the world will give us.

"You've come in the right time!" Aimee claps her hands together happily. As if on timing a Doctor comes into our view holding a clipboard and a pen.

"Doctor Wilson, please bear us the good news already." She smiles at him. "Well it looks someone can't wait to get out of here." Wilson chuckles to himself and turns to Aiden and me.

"Well, if you couldn't already tell, we've decided that Mrs Reed is stable enough to go home. If anything changes please send her in and we will continue to run some more tests."

"That's such good news!" Aiden leans into me and gives me a hug which I needed. "Is there anything I should be doing to help her?" Aiden asks the doctor while still holding me near.

"Just make sure she is taking her medication and keeping up with her vitamins and minerals, they are extremely important."

"I'll just give you this paper which is her subscription that you need to take to the pharmacy downstairs." He hands us the thin green subscription slip and walks out of the door before saying goodbye and that we be happy and healthy.

"Well Mum, I suggest you gather up your things. Because we are taking you home." Aiden helps Aimee grab the rest of her things and we take the lift downstairs towards the pharmacy as Aimee gets dressed and packed.

"I told you everything will turn out good if you just have a little bit of hope." I lightly tap him on the nose.

"Maybe I should start listening to you more often." He teases pecking me on the lips. "Maybe you should." I whisper into his ears which makes his eyes turn into hunger and lust.

"You two love birds should really get a room." A voice booms from behind us. Instantly, turning my head round I'm faced with the familiar aquatic eyes and the golden blonde hair that I've come to recognise quite quickly.

"Hey man." Aiden brings Alex into a brother hug which Alex turns around and winks at me.

"Where have you been?" Aiden asks Alex who pretends that he did not just wink at me.

"Oh you know, just watching the amazing view of ambulances and people being wheeled into wheelchairs." His mouth turns into a side way smirk and his perfectly white teeth on show.

"Ready to go home?" Aimee voice booms from behind us making Alex turn his head.

"Oh Alex! I haven't seen you in ages. How are you?" She quickly runs over to his car and squashes his tiny checks together, and instantly he blushes a light hot pink plastered on his face.

"I'm good Mrs Reed." He chuckles and grabs her hospital bag and throws it into the back of Aiden's boot.

"Well I guess you should start getting a move on. Maddison do you want to ride in my car?" Alex glaze is on me now and it's making me feel really uncomfortable. Can't he see that I'm with  Aiden? And why does he keep appearing and thinking that he can decided on what I do.

"No she's coming with me." Aiden replies sternly  and takes my hand and guides me over to the car.

"Next time." Alex signals over  to me while I click in my seatbelt.

"No there won't be a next time. Sort your self out Man. This isn't like you." Aiden shouts to him before opening the door and backing out of the hospital in one long zoom.

"Tell me if he does that again." Aiden voice sounds protective and dark like I'm his possession which makes me love him even more.

I softly nod my head and look up to meet Aiden's face. His soft features have turned hard and sharp and his eyes pierce in front of him while he drives more faster than he normally does. 

Feeling the tension and tightness in the air, I reach of my hand and place it delicately on Aiden's lap and he exhales a deep breath.

"You know I would never leave you."
________________________________
Two updates in one day!😂

Make sure to click the ☆ below if you liked this chapter.