Chapter Fourteen

"How did you come into my room?" I scream pulling the covers to cover my body.

"Calm down M, your going to wake my mum up." Aiden places his finger against my lips silencing me from talking further.

"Can you get your hands off of me!" I push his hand away from me.

"I'm going to ask again. Why are you in my room?" I say louder.

"Don't you remember?" He raises an eyebrow at me.

"Remember what?" I stumble trying to recall what happened last night.

"We were painting my room." He answers in a slow voice.

Aiden was going to speak again, but Aimee comes rushing into my room with a panicked expression painted across her face.

"Maddison, I heard yelling. Are you okay?" She strides into my room, with her silk pyjamas and eye mask still wrapped around her head.

"Yes I'm fine, i just saw a massive spider crawling on the floor. But lucky Aiden put it outside." I awkwardly laugh turning to smile at Aimee.

"I thought something happened." She places a hand near her heart.

"I'm just glad that your okay." She sweetly smiles at me and puts a soft hand on my shoulder.

"If it wasn't for Aiden I don't know what I would've done." I smile at her, while eternally wishing Aiden would just leave.

Aiden murmers something under his breath and begins to chuckle. Instantly, I scold him and focus back onto Mrs Reed.

"Aiden you know I'm leaving today." She speaks, her voice cracking at the end.

"Yes I know mum. You've been telling me for the past two days." Aiden rolls his eyes picking up the pillows on the floor.

I grab one of my cushions and throw into his face taking him by surprise.

"Don't be rude! Your mum has left work to spend time with you!" I look at him dead in the eyes meaning every single word I'm saying.

Aiden angrily huffs and walks out of my room making sure to slam my door on his way out.

"I'm sorry you have to deal with him." Aimee smiles sincerely.

"It's okay, It's getting a little easier day by day." I sigh.

"I will make sure to talk to Aiden." She places a warm hand of my cheek then turns to leave.

Leaving me wondering if all this hassle is even worth it.

~•~
Aiden's POV

I stomp into my room and grab my car keys. Just as I'm about to leave the apartment i turn back and look at the most selfless person  I have ever met right in front of me. She really doesn't deserve to have a roommate like me. She needs someone who can look after her, love her forever and ever.

And I have come to the conclusion that I will never give it to her.

I thought I was better than this. But I'm just like the others, their lives a complete and utter  mess.

Like what Maddison has said before,you can't change someone who is already broken.

And I of course have learnt that the hard way.

"Where are you going?" Maddison asks running towards the door and griping my wrist.

"Out." I rip my hand out of her strong grip, and shut the door and walk towards my car.