Chapter Twenty

Aiden's POV:

"Do you think she will like it?" I ask mum who is still on the phone.

"Of course, Your father always used to take me to the lodges. It was always so peaceful and relaxing that I'm sure Maddison will love it." Mum assures me.

"Thank you Mum, I love you."

"I love you more Aiden. I love you more."

Just as I end the call with my mum I get a text from Alex again.

Alex: "Did you find out where your taking her?"

Me: "Yeah I've booked to stay at a nice lodge for the weekend. I'll send you some pictures.

Alex: "What the hell! You can't be serious! That is so nice. I should bring my hookups here."

Me: "Alex that was far too much information."

Alex: "You wouldn't of said that before, you did it more than me."

Me: "I know, and that was so wrong and disgusting of me. That was the old me. I like Maddison. I can't go back to who I was before."

Alex: "I know Man. I know. You deserve it more than anything. You've always been by my side and your a really good mate."

Me: "We are brothers for life do you know that?"

Alex: "I wouldn't change it for the world."

I go to reach for  my laptop and type in the their website to  book to stay over the weekend. As my mum is good friends with the landlords they didn't make it too pricey for me, so I could still afford it and buy food at the same time.

I scroll down to the different lodges they offer and must I say some of them are so pricey that University students would have to live on bread and butter for a whole month to afford some of these lodges.

I click on the premium one and check the price and the facilities that come with buying the premium lodge. I scan over the photos and descriptions of the lodge and it has a massive  king sized bed, and the most beautiful view from the window, that  overlooks the woodlands and the famous swan lake.

At the front of the Woodland lodge, has a beautifully lit front patio that is made out of modern mahogany wood and cute little winter fairly lights hung around the borders. And not to mention the feature indoor hot tub.

I type all my card details in and request the heating and hot water to be installed in before we arrive and book to leave Friday night. Meanwhile, I texted Harriet to keep Maddison busy all day so she doesn't suspect anything. Harriet is  in on the whole surprise and she is so excited for Maddison to see it.

I text Alex to come by the apartment in twenty minutes to help me run to the supermarket.

Twenty minutes later, Alex comes by and I put my shoes on and we drive down together to the supermarket.

"So you really like this girl don't you?" Alex asks looking at the window.

I would look at him but it's best if I keep my concentration on the road. "I do." I say calmly.