Six

{Enjoy a little bit more of the younger!You, it's going to be here for a little bit longer : ) Honestly, at first, I thought I hated writing in third person point of view, but it's pretty easy for me to write in. Lol.}

You lay on your bed--your dream was so weird! You remember getting a letter that made you terrified, and you also recall that one mean kid Kakashi in your dream, but you think that he was older or something. You don't know what to make of it so you let it slip from your mind.

You don't want to get up today so you just lay on your bed. You'll get up when someone comes and tells you to. Because your parents usually don't stay in your house for long, Uncle would wake you up and take care of you. He's the reason why you like baking so much.

It would make sense though, you think that if your parents had spent more time with you, you would want to impress them more. You'd rather make Uncle proud, don't get it wrong; you love your parents, but you spend more time with Uncle than you do your birth givers. You stare up at the ceiling in this revelation. You should try to spend time with your parents more often.

But you don't do that.

Uncle comes into your room calling your name. "Get up, you!" He says, ruffling your hair. You huff and swat his hands away while grinning. "Stop that!" You reprimand and Uncle chuckles, "Wanna bake bread with me?"

Your eyes widen and you nod your head yes enthusiastically. "Yes yes, let's go!" With that, you bound out of your room and into the kitchen to wash your hands. "Wait, we should eat breakfast first, you!" Uncle calls out and you pat your hands dry. "Okay."

You and Uncle make your favorite breakfast and you happily eat. Yum! You finally finish after what seems like forever and you quickly wash the leftover bits off the plate. After doing so, you and Uncle begin preparing the ingredients to make bread.

"So what kind of bread will we be making today?" You ask, looking at the ingredients, "We can make banana bread, corn bread, rye," you list off what you and Uncle can make with the ingredients. Uncle cuts you off mid-sentence with a thoughtful answer.

"Why not make just plain bread, with nothing in it?" You look at him, that was the first bread you have ever made with him. You pause and nod a yes. "Yeah! Just like the old days." You help get the ingredients and Uncle washes the dishes needed. You wash your hands yet again.

The two of you, after getting flour, eggs, whatever, finally get to make the dough. "Can I do it this time? I swear I know how to make it now!" You plead, clasping your hands together and looking at Uncle with the sweetest eyes you can give him. You really like feeling the dough, it's so gooey!

Uncle raises a brow and ushers you with a small smile, "Go ahead." You don't need to be told twice! You mush all the ingredients together, mesmerized by how it feels. You grin. You definitely are going to do this for a living.

It's already like you were doing it for a living though, with you helping Uncle out with his shop. You think that you'll like working with him, it's pretty easy now that you got the hang of how the food works.

You get done with making the dough, it takes you about 20 minutes to get the texture consistent but you persist. You determined child.

You let Uncle put the dough in the oven, though you were sure you can do it by yourself. After all, you are 12! You are older than when he first taught you. You silently mope, wishing he would let you put the dough in the hot oven. Maybe when you're 13, which is in a couple of weeks now that you think about it.