Seven

Okay, you got this! It's no big deal! It's just your shinobi of a father, nothing can go wrong. You hope.

You didn't think that you would be out in the training fields with your father, right now! You thought you would be spending time with Uncle, baking cookies to sell. Cookie day today! You sigh, well, you won't be doing that today now.

You exhale, inhale, exhale. You gotta stay calm, then maybe you'll live through this training session. You let out a loud screech as your dad rushes over to you. Calm! The! Heck! Down!

During your walk over here in the training field, you and your dad discussed the defense and offense of fights, then decided that your dad would play as the offense and you the defense, you think. You just know that your dad would be attacking and you countering the attacks.

This was to see how much you can hold on your own, or at least that's what you got from the conversation.

Oh gosh, diddly darn it, why couldn't your dad play as the defense?

Your dad swings his hand and you almost let out another ear-piercing screech, but you trip and bite your tongue. Ouch! Well, at least you won't burst your dad's eardrums. You raise yourself up as fast as you can and your dad swings yet again. He sure loves swinging his arms! You huff and swat his hand away. Your dad stops his swing, looking at you funny. He swings again, this time a bit slower. You swat again.

You continue slapping his arm away like his arm was 10,000 houseflies coming for your favorite food. No! Not your favorite food! You swat harder. Your dad just stands there at this point.

He calls your name but you were too preoccupied with saving your food that you don't notice. Your dad just pushes your head so you are arm's length away from him. This grabs your attention, "What do you want, huh? Wanna fight?" You let a growl out after your question, annoyed at him pushing your head. Your dad just sighs, he has a long way to go with you.

"Honey, you can't slap your way out of a dangerous situation. What if I was a real killer, what would you do then?" You humph and turn your head to the side, puffing your cheek out in irritation.

"I wouldn't be in that situation because I'm always in the house." You tell your dad, your answer kinda logical in your opinion. He continues prodding, "What if I was a real killer and I was in the house? What would you do then?"

You look to the sky in thought and get an idea of what you would do in that situation. You let out a small pause for dramatic effect.

...

"I would go out of the house then, duh!"

Your dad stares at you, you could only guess what he's thinking. Probably something like, 'Where did I go wrong?' if you were to judge by the face he's making.

"Okay, ignore the house. I'm a killer and I'm in front of you, now what?"

Your dad's energy is getting sucked out of him, you can tell. You sigh, "I would offer a piece of cookie. Everyone loves them. Even Ma and she don't like sweets!"

Your dad tiredly smiles. You lick your lips, thinking of cookies now. You remember your question from earlier.

"Hey, Pa, why did you come to the house so early today? You get hurt or something?" Your dad's eyes widen a fraction, he mutters under his breath, "Observant kid."