One

You can't see, the only thing you can do is breathe. It's pitch black and you lie in bed. Night time.

        Why do humans need to sleep? People can do many things when they don't sleep, heaven knows you need a lot of time to do a lot of things. Like baking cookies, for example. For such a negative human, your occupation is something inhumanly optimistic. Pastry chef. It's quite a blessing for those with a sweet tooth and those who like to eat.

        You don't actually dream anything on this cold, dead night. You just lie there. You really need to bake a ton of pastries too. Why can't humans just, you know, not sleep? You sigh in your sleep, the annoyance seeping into the unconscious you. Even in your sleep, you act so... melancholy.

        When morning finally peaks, you get out of bed, face scrunched up as usual. Why do you act as if everything is off-putting?

        The bed creaks so annoyingly as you get up off the bed, greeting the ice-cold floor with your whole body. Great. You slowly raise your torso, only to feel the aching soreness your shoulders held. Oh. You forgot. Last night you were unpacking a shipment of flour for your business and you pulled a muscle carrying the last few bags into your storage room.

        You mutter incoherent words and get your whole body off the floor, now feeling cool rather than your comfy warmth. You hate fast temperature change, now it feels like you have pneumonia, frostbite, or even hypothermia. Dead. You feel dead. Dead bodies don't keep in warmth, and neither do you. No warming you up once that frostbite sets in.

        You do your daily routines, brushing your teeth, hair, wash your face. All that jazz. Once you get done with that stuff you put on a comfy jacket and some pants that went well with it. The perks of being your own boss: no uncomfortable outfits to wear, you get your pay when you want it, and, last but certainly not least, you can eat some pastries you bake. Ah. The joy you experience could possibly be comparable to people winning a million dollar lottery, despite how little the experience is.

        When your daily morning routine is done you walk downstairs where your shop is set at. Begrudgingly you tidy up the furniture and sanitize the dishes you'll be using You start making fresh-baked donuts, pastries, and other sweets. After about an hour of this--of course you took a couple of breaks, some being an astounding 15 minutes long-you plop yourself down onto one of the few comfy chairs you had around here.

        8:38. Almost time to open up your shop. You sigh and lay for five more minutes, almost laying for another minute but you decide to put your time in being productive. You sweep the floor quickly and get into a more business casual dress you always wear during open hours.

        9:00. You open up shop. A few minutes your shop has been quiet but a few curious customers wander, nose leading the way similarly like a cartoon when they like what they smell.

        Odd flex, but you'll take it as a compliment. You go about your working, pretty much like a robot. That is until a customer comes in. You don't exactly like picking favorites but you can't help but do so with this child.

        You greet the brown haired boy and pinch his cheeks when he gets near you. "Weren't you supposed to be in school, little ninja?"

        The young boy shrugs, leaving your side to look through the glass cabinet to look at what's on the menu. Why the little sweetheart doesn't have many friends, you don't know. You hope the little Akimichi boy makes some friends. You don't want him to grow up alone and sad. That would make you even sadder. Well, more so than you usually are.

        "How was your day, Chō-chō?" You hate silence, finding it unbearingly awkward.

        "Um, uh, it was alright. How was, um--OOH WHAT'S THAT!" You inwardly chuckle, his addiction to food would distract him, of course. You can get like that too, but you slowly grew out of that habit.